Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #1

Jennie - Leigh

Last night our beautiful Jennie was subject to the most cruel act i've ever had to deal with so far in my personal life. Some 'person' set his whippet onto her causing her massive chest and abdominal trauma. Our neighbour saw it happen and told us right away. We rushed her to the emergency vet, she had to drive out to meet us but literally 2 minutes before the vet arrived she passed away in my arms. My sister is devastated, she was her cat, some of you may remember I bought her as a kitten for my sister's birthday just 2 years ago.

We are all finding it hard to bear due to the circumstances as you can imagine, I just want to see justice done but there's not much chance of that sadly. We have lost 4 cats in the last 2 years and 3 of them prematurely. I think we all just feel really numb right now as a family.

Run free at the bridge Jenny with Nipper, baby Pink and Tabs.

Cats owned: moggies
Alan77 is Male
01-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #2

Re: Jennie - Leigh

Very sorry to hear that. To be honest, you should inform the Police and try to find out who this person is, as he probably walks his dog there often.
Get him prosecuted, so no-one else has to endure it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #3

Kelly, I don't know what to say, sickening, heartbreaking and inhuman. Poor Jennie and all your family - I'm thinking of you all.

This person should not be allowed to keep animals. Through your pain, keep the anger and digust, this will help you strive to find this brute and ensure justice is done.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
01-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #4

What an awful thing to happen. I'm sorry to hear this sad news Kelly.

I do hope this idiot can be dealt with over the incident.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan77
Very sorry to hear that. To be honest, you should inform the Police and try to find out who this person is, as he probably walks his dog there often.
Get him prosecuted, so no-one else has to endure it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Kelly, I don't know what to say, sickening, heartbreaking and inhuman. Poor Jennie and all your family - I'm thinking of you all.

This person should not be allowed to keep animals. Through your pain, keep the anger and digust, this will help you strive to find this brute and ensure justice is done.
Oh i'm going to whatever I can to try and find them that's for sure, i'm just not sure what can/will be done. It will be reported Alan, my father is at my neighbours house at the minute trying to find out all he can about what he saw. His daughter-in-law is a witness too so that is 3 witnesses so far. Hopefully Jennie inflicted some wounds on the dog sufficient to act as evidence if we do find him before they heal but we don't know. Will keep you updated.

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
What an awful thing to happen. I'm sorry to hear this sad news Kelly.

I do hope this idiot can be dealt with over the incident.
Thank you Kelly, I really hope so. I just can't get my head around what kind of person does this sort of thing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #7

Good grief this is terrible, hope you can get something done about the dog owner.

Sleep tight little girl x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #8

Oh, what a dreadful thing to have happened to your dear little Jennie. Some people are so hateful and should not be allowed to keep animals, I agree, the owner of the dog should be dealt with by the police!

Sending you and your family a hug a this sad sad time and I'm thinking of you and sharing your grief, she looked such a gorgeous little girl!

Sleep tight Jennie
x

Catsey Veteran

01-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annestaff
Good grief this is terrible, hope you can get something done about the dog owner.

Sleep tight little girl x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasadams
Oh, what a dreadful thing to have happened to your dear little Jennie. Some people are so hateful and should not be allowed to keep animals, I agree, the owner of the dog should be dealt with by the police!

Sending you and your family a hug a this sad sad time and I'm thinking of you and sharing your grief, she looked such a gorgeous little girl!

Sleep tight Jennie
x
Thank you both, she was a lovely girl Sasadams and she lives with dogs so she probably wouldn't have even ran from it at first. She had a lovely temperament.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #10

What a terrible thing to happen my sympathies to your sister and the family....I wonder why people consider cats fair game for this sort of thing.

Someone once shot Cleo with an air rifle.... I did not go to
the police but went to his house and sorted it myself he was a teenager. Not sure he saw it as malious in fact he was kinda take back someone cared about a cat.

And a group people once set their dog on Cleo (she did not have bad luck) but this really never happened although they encouraged their dog to have a go at the "pussycat" as they shouted (I imagine it took a bit to make her run as she lived with dogs and would not have been fussed at first too laid back that girl of mine) but eventually she made a dash for home. She got to the front garden (jumped the fance) I was in the front garden with Gyp (my old Stafford) planting.....and for some reason they decided their dog coming face to face with a Stafford wasn't as entertaining to them as my cat coming face to face with their mutt (Lab)...or them coming face to face with me.

Have to say it was tempting to let Gyp go but obviously I didn't and I did not "hurt" them but whenever I saw them around after that they had the dog on a lead...

I never understand this "cats are fair game attitude to people...............So very sorry I would report them.