Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #1

Sleeping Thursday

Well that's what I am going to be doing.... .....been out with Bella eating toast, marmite and coffee.

Angie hope your ankle is feeling a bit easier. And hubby did not drown at golf. Did you enjoy your trip out with with your friends?
P.P Hope you have a good day have they collected your skip or have you more to add?
Yola.....a month away sounds like Heaven any pictures?
Moli....any pictures or info on the pup? PRETTY PLEASE
Shelley.........Have a good day whatever you do.
Pamela,....that sounds pretty reasonable, especially if you are stressing. We were told Bella was reported to be uncertain with dogs.....not noticed that myself however I must say I do not expect or let her get up close and personal with dogs but I do expect her to walk past without raising an eyebrow even if they are launching at her barking from the end of their leads.
I would maybe suggest rather than park walking where people have dogs off lead you try walking by roads where most people have dogs on lead therefore under control and you will not get stressed. And Barney will relax. Well that's a theory. But don't expect him to get on with every dog - we don't get on with every person do we? But the training class sounds good. I think you sort of have to work in your head that he is a puppy and start from scratch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #2

Re: Sleeping Thursday

Sleep well Kazz. Good morning everyone! Nice day here, blue sky, looks promising.

Thanks Kazz - my ankle is feeling better this morning. Still aching a bit but I am walking better. I had a good time with my friends, had a cream tea!

I think we are going to have to make a decision whether to continue obedience training with Monty. He seems to have plateaued after getting his red rosette a few weeks ago and last night OH said that sometimes Monty just didn't seem to want to co-operate at all. He starts off well and just seems to loose interest. I think that OH has already decided that he will be taking Dora to Rally Obedience training which is a new monthly class starting this coming Sunday.

Pamela, I hope that Barney settles to his training class, at least it will give you an idea of where he is in relation to other people/dogs. It is hard to help a reactive dog but you have already made a start with taking him to a behaviourist. Good luck!

Hope all have a good day.

Just adding as a member of the Schnauzer forum posted a link (I know I won't be allowed to post a link here) but just Google "Dogster" and "6 Ways to Thwart an Off-Leash Dog Rushing You and Your Dog" - some useful information there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #3

Morning Kazz and Angie. Its wet and miserable here, had to put the full waterproofs on to take barney for his big walk.

Kazz, hope you enjoyed your breakfast
Angie, glad you are walking better on your ankle. The rally agility sounds interesting Will also have a look at that link thank you

I have had 1 of those mornings since 3am!!! Heard Barney pacing the livingroom and went into check and there was a puddle in my livingroom floor, so on went the lead at 3am and out for a walk and got soaked. OH finished clearing the puddle up. Its the first during teh night we have had from him and he had the runs yesterday so im wondering of he has been drinking alot of water because of it causing the accident.
Had Harris at the vet for a check up this morning and on the way there with all the rain, my car started to slide on a corner, managed to control it but got abit of a fright!!!. The vet are extremely pleased with his weight gain. He is now 3.17kg compared to 2.10kg when he was really poorly so a big difference. Got a muzzle for Barney, he seems to be used to putting his head in it straight away, not great with it on walking yet but will deal with that slowly.

Off to asda shortly to get some bits and bobs and also house work and going to make a nice home made dinner for OH tonight and then its the training class, busy day ahead!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #4

Hi Kazz, Angie Pamela and all,

Yes the skip has gone, I could have filled it twice! But i have made a huge dent in the shed and what is left can be taken by the council collection service, or the charity shops.

What a warm and sleepy day, I was going to do so much but I feel too lethargic. Also I'm eating too much bread, it's my down fall, but those carbs are just sitting on my hips again and I need to exercise them off.

Glad to hear Harris is putting on weight, Posh is still very thin and not eating much, can't seem to tempt her much
Barney is still getting to know the ropes of being a dog and it must be some thing in the air because I had puddles to mop up this morning too!

Angie, sorry to hear about your hurt ankle- poor soul, glad the cream tea was the best remedy though

Off to get dinner ready, just chicken fajitas today and a huge rocket salad. May have a cool lager to wash it down

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #5

Very hot here so not doing much but I have taken Zia for her check up on her tail and she is all healed and fine to go out and about and doesn't need her plastic collar any more. So she is very pleased. The evts seems to think she has burmese in her as she is very vocal cuddly adn has got very dense soft fur.
Also took buster as he is on insulin now as he is diabetic. It has been upped to 2 unit per day.
I am feeling very happy as I ordered a loads of prescription cat food for Buster and Tilly and now as Tilly has died and Buster seem to be doing much better only eating hill d/d. I have got food which I can't use. So I rung up Viovet where I got it from and they couldn't be nicer and will refund the food I have left over and swap it for d/d. I am so impressed by how nice and easy it was. I thought they would say no or that I would loose out but no they will refund the full amount and will send out some d/d/ when it has come back. It means that I don't have to fork out 70 punds to get Buster more food. Which as I have been to the vets rather alot recently I am slightly short on.

So I would recommend them.
It make me feel much better as this month has been pretty rubbish so to have people be so nice really make me feel good.

Just waiting for it to cool down and then I am going to try and get Hovis and Ellen out for a walk.

Hope everyone is keeping cool OK.

Sally