Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #1

monday

morning all, off to work soon, i'm going on an outward bound type holiday with some of the children i work with, should be fun.
The gazebo party went well, in the words of the 94 year old man, Robert who was hosting "we arrived early, drank plenty and left late "
The weather was kind to us at first and then it rained hard, trapping us for a while under the gazebo, eventualy it began to leak and so we had to camp out in the garage,lol
In answer to your question Karen i was planting two lavender shrubs and some ornamental grass.
Eventualy i will start a garden thread, probably in winter,lol.
Bye for now, have fun

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #2

Re: monday

Morning Shelley ..... hope the outward bound goes well. Glad the gazebo party went well.

A neighbour had a very loud party last evening but we welcomed the thunder and lightning and very heavy rain that followed, so much so that the bridle path turned into a river, which could be seen in the headlights of the cars and folk leaving probably earlier than planned. Aren't I a spoil-sport? But they were much too loud.

A much cooler overcast day today. We are doing some housework, well overdue.

Have a good day peeps.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
29-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #3

Having one of those months. As I have just had to rush Zia to the vets. I was shutting a door in my house which she decieded to dash through and her tail got caught and the skin and fur at the tip came off . It looked awful ands was shiocking to see it . So she is at the vets to have part of her tail amputated. I feel so bad as I didn't mean to catch her.
I was just trying to get everyone inside and safe as it is thundering around here.
Also have found out the buster is diabetic so I have started giving him insulin. But he seems to be alright with me injecting him. He has also got a snotty nose again.

So it isn't going that well this month but thankfully it will be over soon and hopefully next month is better.

I might be able to collect Zia later but will have to se how she recovers from the op. She seemed quite perky and not all that bothered but that might be shock.
Sally

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #4

Oh no, poor Zia - what a shock to her and you, Tilly. I do hope she will be OK and home very soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

Ouch! Poor Zia, and poor you I'm sure she realises it was an accident, but you must be shaken up Sally.
All's well on the cat front here, except Pearla and Pandora aren't best of friends at the moment, Pandy seems to want to dominate her, of course Posh is #1 puss, so pecking order is being established. Never mind, Pearla takes out her quest for supremacy on the flies

Blue skies and very hard showers here, much like yesterday, done the washing but it's on the airer in the conservatory just in case.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #6

Hello, back from 16 days in Italy. Cats collected from my Mum and normality resumed. Youngest has a nasty toe infection, we have penicillin but he's in a lot of pain

Hopefully catch up properly in the next few days.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
29-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #7

Zias is looking OK and is back home with a shorter tail but otherwise in good spirits.
I think she is slightly loopy with the pain killer and from recovering fro her op but is thriled to be home and doesn't seem to be holding a grudge on me for her tail loss. She has been leaving it alone so hasn't needed a collar but I will put one on overnight just incase.
She has to stay in and will go back on thursday for a check up.
Vets were very nice as she is a cuddly little kitty and the vets think she has got burmeses in her as she is so friendly and has very plush dense fur.
I am getting over the shock although I can't belive how quickly and easliy it came off so I would take extra care not to get cats tail shut in doors as it seems to take very little to take the skin off as there isn't much holding it on at the tip.
Buster is also looking good and Ziggy is fine so mostly OK round her tonight.
Also got Tilly's ashes back a few days agoand they are in a very nice wooden box with her name on a brass plate on top.
Sally