Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #1

Taking-up Tuesday

Called the thread this because I'm sitting in waiting for a man to come to the house to alter Ceri's trousers. He's a tailor/dressmaker and my mum has used his services before and said he's good. Ceri has shrunk since his illness, so his trousers need shortening and also he's lost weight, so some need taking in as well.

More cloudy today but still nice, they've given rain for tomorrow ah well, the garden needs it and the reservoirs.

Hope your fish are ok Moli. Enjoy the tomato, Eileen!

Thinking of dear farthing and samson today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #2

Re: Taking-up Tuesday

What a great idea PP. I have 2 pairs of perfectly good trousers in my wardrobe that I have never worn because they are too long. I am a dreadful seamstress and don't have a machine. Could you send your tailor to my house after he's finished with Ceri's trousers????

Very hot and windy here this morning. We could certainly do with some rain or my raspberries won't swell. We've had a few, but need loads more - raspberry vodka time is getting near again and I'm really looking forward to it!

Been to the garden centre this morning to get some seaweed fertiliser (for the raspberries!) and some spray for blackspot - my poor roses are really suffering this year. Got some more parsley seeds too.

First tomato Eileen? Well done - mine not there yet, but loads coming along nicely.

I too am thinking about farthing and samson - a very hard time.

Have a good day folks - make the best of the fine weather if you have it still!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #3

Hope you're not stuck indoors waiting for the tailor for too long PP.

It's cloudy here now, but still a lovely warm day. The dog found a slow-worm on our walk this morning, we've never seen one before. Unfortunately it was dead before Morgan rolled on it, I think it was probably killed by a cat as there were clear puncture marks on its body. He keeps finding dead things, the other day it was a deer's head under a bush, fairly fresh but chewed.

We're down to our last few dog biscuits so I'll be baking this afternoon with the ever-watchful Morgan willing the oven to hurry up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #4

Just having a sit down after a busy morning. Went to town first thing to pick up bits and pieces and pay a bill.
Then a walk by the river with Malaika, was pleased to note the bullocks have been moved so we could go on our usual walk. Fortunately no dead things, i can identify with you MrsH when you say Morgan finds things.
Maybe cut grass later, i need to hoover but if it's going to rain tomorrow i could do with getting it done.
Angie, Raspberry Vodka sounds nice.
I see that Samson has gone, what a terrible time Louise has had lately. I'm glad he's at peace.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #5

Made raspberry vodka for the first time last year Shelley - it's lovely and makes very well received presents!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #6

Had a horrible day today. Our new cat Harvey went out yesterday evening and not come back since. I am really worried. He has been going out for while now, so hard to keep him in. He has always come back. he has a collar with a tag, but not yet microchipped, we have an appointment to get that done on Friday. He has settled so well and we all love him so much. I have had cats for years and can't believe this is happening again so soon.

My daughter and I went to the funeral of one of the girls killed in the bus crash in South Africa today she was only 19. So very sad. Rachel went to Dan's funeral yesterday and the other girl last Thursday. She is struggling emotionally atm. Sorry, feeling rubbish, life is hard.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #7

Hi, people. Hot spell continues to the consternation of the heat haters; 32 C (89 F) now before lunch and will make 100 F probably. You'd think this was unusual, happens every Summer in Washington! Been to the market, just pottering about; looking forward to that tomato at lunch.

Kim, so sorry about Harvey, fingers crossed he'll be home soon. MrsH, Morgan is so lucky to have his own personal baker Angie, I'm afraid I'd eat too many of the lovely fresh raspberries and there'd not be enough to make the vodka Agree, Louise has been going thru a bad patch lately

Stay cool, send some rain vibes my way, please!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #8

Afternoon all.

Well I have decided tomorrow I am strting swimming my scar is healing nicely and been three weeks since the last scab came off so nicely sealed now. So I am starting swimming nothing drastic just nice float a bit get the feel. Another way to strengthen my muscles.

PP Looks like rain here soon too overcast. Hope the tailor gets there soon.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #9

Well what do you know I did not press "post" and its sat on my laptop all afternoon...while I tried out the new Tesco's. And other people have posted now so...here goes.
Angie have a good day Vodka sounds good as well a rasperberries but together Nah not for me.
Mrs H Sal does that find dead things......and rolls in them....YUCKY.
Shelley glad your bullocks have gone.... there are cows loose in Sutton park where we go and boy when they have calves at foot you have to be careful they roam free calves are nosey and the cows are not keen on them getting to close.
Kim Fingers crossed he returns soon. Bit of a rough time all round......but the funerals being over now means she can move forward hopefuly, and as Rachel feels better so will you.
Eileen I willsend over a lttle rain I amm grateful I love in a climate that does not normaly do extremes. Although I suspect you would get used to it.

Everyone have a good afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #10

Evening all......I am suffering from.............being a housewife!!!Hubby is working locally for a while, so its cooking and ironing regularly for me from now on, and I am not enjoying it...

Been really warm here today....