Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #1

our disastrous lunch out yesterday

not really disastrous but an experience nevertheless
The cafe in stranraer looks very nice and quite olde worlde so we thought we would give it a try.
we noticed that the table we were sat at had seen better days but whats a bit of missing varnish. the menus were also quite tatty.
We proceeded to order from the nice irish man owner.
Chris and myself chose Macaroni cheese and Howard, Gammon.
we waited approx 10 mins before Mr Irish returned to say that he wasn't happy with the Gammon as it had been in the fridge all weekend. I guess we should have run for the hills at this point but we stuck it out ,lol.
Meanwhile in comes a man who looked quite poorly and who was also coughing a lot. Of course he sat next to us, now i have to say that his fruity cough was very off putting and i hoped that he wouldn't do it whilst we were eating.
Mr cough was very chatty however, although we struggled a bit with his broad Scottish accent.
A lady opposite us who had ordered soup, hardly touched it, spoke to the owner and abruptly left the building.
The macaroni arrived and was actualy very nice but i was afraid of mr cough starting to cough and put me off
Howards fish arrived with Mr Irish sporting a flesh coloured plaster on the end of a very bloody finger.
We will not be repeating the experience,lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: our disastrous lunch out yesterday

Oh dear ............ how off-putting!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #3

The wasn't the word Fawlty mentioned anywhere was there? I would have legged it I'm afraid, nowhere near as brave as you.

We once had lunch at a restaurant on the harbour in Portree, Skye and some Americans asked if the herring was fresh! I felt like pointing out of the window at the fishing boats.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
27-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #4

[quote=fecto's mum;696355]wasn't the word Fawlty mentioned anywhere was there? I would have legged it I'm afraid, nowhere near as brave as you. QUOTE]

Poor you! It reads like a comedy script, but it couldn't have been much worse. could it. (Sorry fecto, not got the hang of quoting peeps very well.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #5

O would have run a mile! We're very spoilt with a massive number of places to eat in Reading and the majority are good so I don't suffer poor service or food quality at all I'm afraid.

Still, glad all seem to have survived