Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
17-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #1

the runs!

lena hasnt been very well for about 2 weeks altogether,it started with her having tapeworm so i wormed her with drontal then she got this horrid virus cold thing that make her eyes nearly shut she is on her 2nd lot of antibiotics now metacam i think this time,she has for the whole time had very runny pooh!i straved her and did chicken as told to do but no difference.i didnt worm the other cats at the same time i did them a week later is it poss they have reinfected her?and should i do them again?she has also today started to do her pooh(over the side of the tray!)then scoot along the floor afterwards!yuk!so there is pooh everywhere.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-12-2006, 11:29 PM   #2

Re: the runs!

2 weeks is a long time for the runs. I'd personally go back to the vet as there might be some other, as yet undiagnosed, issue that's causing all this. However, it could be a simple re-infection . . . see what your vet says.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #3

If it was me, I would give everyone a three day course of Panacur wormer and if that didn't settle the issue, I would send stool samples for analysis. Metacam is an anti-inflammatory drug not an antibiotic. Do let us know how things go...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
17-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #4

metronizadole lol where i got metacam from i dont know.problem with panacur is it makes lena vomit the paste and the granules she will not eat.vet did mention blood tests in the new year not sure as for why tho i cant remember wot he said,other than if she not right they would do that itd be fasting blood for 24 hours!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
18-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #5

Hope she gets better soon
Sally