Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #21

Re: Another vet visit for PEbbles

I did, and it was a bit of a mixed visit really. Vet thinks she is looking better, but still miserable, and her tummy is still sore, but bloods and x-ray done a month ago showed nothing, but she did say that certian things like tumours wouldn't necessarily show up on an x-ray. She has given her a jab, and given me some stronger meds tomorrow, but wont commit to a prognosis either way, she has just said we will have to see how she is after these meds - which is exactly the same as Snowy. The main problem with Pebbles is that she is such a difficult cat, a lot of the things that they can do to try and help her feel better would require sedations (Which I wouldn't be happy with, she has had waay too many this year), and put stress on her, which is something that needs avoiding with pancreatitis, so we have limited options as to how to treat her. She has eaten more today, but I am not getting too optimistic about it, esp not seeing as some of what she has eaten was after a jab at the vets, and the fact that she isn't getting most of the antibiotics, she is fighting more now and that results in her foaming at the mouth - again, so similar to Snowy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #22

oh BT, I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time with Pebbles. (((hugs))) and I really hope that she shows some sign of improvement soon!

Almost a Veteran Member

07-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #23

Thanks a lot. She has just bitten me 3 times for trying to pick her up, not sure if that is a good sign or not!!

Almost a Veteran Member

10-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #24

Things have been so mixed since my last post, we have one good meal, then back to bad. I still dont konw if I am diong the right thing trying to get her through this, with everything else she has had this year, and the fact that she might end up with another, more severe bout of this. Will have to see what the vet has to say I think.

Almost a Veteran Member

12-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #25

Sad news, I'm afraid, I had to let her go last night. She was more dehydrated, her tummy felt worse, her bladder wasnt feeling good, she was wheezy and she was very clearly miserable as she didn't bite the vet!! I did have 2 other options, one to have her reffered for loads of x-rays and scans as the vet was convinced it was a tumour that was causing all these issues, it was obvious that there was something underlying with her, the other one was to try steroids, but there was no guarantees it would do anything, and no guarantees that even if it cleared this up that she wouldn't have a setback in the future, so I couldn't put her through it. So, me and the vet agreed that the kindest thing was to let her go, so her pain and suffering is over now. RIP little one, we beat so many things, but I always knew that there was going to be something we couldn't beat, as much as I knew deep down this was it, it is still hard to believe that this is how it has ended - a month short of 2 years with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #26

Oh BT, I am so very sorry to hear this You did the very best you could for her all the way along this long road and now you have given her the best gift you could of a peaceful end..

My thoughts are with you today {{{Hugs}}}

RIP Pebbles, sleep well without pain x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #27

Oh dear BT, I'm so very sorry to hear this You have tried very, very hard to get her back to good health but it was not to be

She has been freed with kindness from all pain ((((hugs))))

RIP dear Pebbles ...... xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #28

oh no......

I am sorry to be reading this R.I.P. Little Pebbles x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #29

BT, my heartfelt sympathies to you. I know how hard you have tried with Pebbles and it must be so hard for you at the moment, but you have done the right thing for her.....

RIP little one, run free.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #30

So sorry to hear this BT but I'm sure you've done the right thing. Your final responsibility, your final priviledge, to ensure a quiet passing.
x