Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #1

Aghhhhh

Took Sal out at lunchtime we are doing "wee" runs every couple of hours have not really had proper walks after our good walk in the morning at 7am for a week because of the fireworks and nothing after 3.45pm other than the visit toe the garden if nothing going off.
And what happens a "bomb type firework" so I have had a petrified dog since then. And she is not settling down and not coming down we have barely since then heard the odd firework tonight even less than last night which she slept through but her "mind is now stressed to panic mode" every pop makes her stressed. Music playing TV on loud and she is back under the dressing table. Not put the thunder shirt on as do not want to put it on and let her associate it with "fear" Aggghhhhhhh

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #2

Re: Aghhhhh

Oh lord. I think it might be humane to ask the vet for tranquillizers for her, just when necessary.

I am hoping that this Saturday may see the end of this years' firework season.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #3

could you put the shirt on earlier before the fireworks start ? I know you don't realy know when they are going to start of course but i guess there is more chance when it's dark.
I work with several Hungarian ladies and in Hungary private citizens cannot have fireworks unless they apply for a liscence just for special occasions.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #4

See that's the thing have been walking early then just "wee wee runs" out as she still wants to go a walk and I want to make it as normal as possible not stop her walks and make her more stressed. But lunchtime - I had no chance of knowing someone would set a firework off in the daylight - and it was just one random BOOM but it ruined it for her. She is still under the dressing table but not another firework at all. Her mind has taken over I think. Going to see how it goes Angie as I really do not want to sedate her at least this way it is just the fireworks not a "drug that has alters the way she copes"
Our routine since buying the thunder shirt Sunday has been last "wee wee walk" 3.30pmish home thundershirt quick chase of the footie in the garden in dinner herbal drops - CD and TV on and settles pretty much apart from bonfire night which I expected. Worked Sunday and Monday and last night quite well.
Just a case of wrong time wrong place today I think.

I do wonder how animals who have not the people in place to look after then cope - think your mind wanders to darker places when you cannot help an animal in your charge.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #5

I know Kazz, I thought as a last resort to calm her......

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I know Kazz, I thought as a last resort to calm her......
I know in fact I actually have an appointment tomorrow at 9.10 with the vet made in desperation earlier but I think I will cancel reading the side effects of the drugs available. I do think the herbal root is the way forward.....may get some rescue remedy tomorrow.