Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #81

Re: Bliss' & Mildred's babies....

Well, we had a settled night, I'm happier with her this morning. She's eaten and drunk well throughout the night. Her milk is coming back in and I'm concerned now because she is not happy nursing just the two kittens, she wants them all. Bliss is so easy going and will take a back seat to let her. So if I can't restrict her to just the two babies in the big pen with Bliss, I might be forced to seperate them for a little while. It's still early days but so far so good, fingers crossed.

Yola - there was nothing specific making me feel concerned. I just couldn't put my finger on what was niggling me and whilst I am less niggled this morning, I don't feel 100% about her just yet. Hope I'm just being paranoid and expecting too much too soon

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
24-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #82

I'm glad Mildred is back home and improving.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
24-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #83

Fran I'm so please that she's doing better this morning. Stop worrying woman!!! Sounds like she will be fine. A bit stubborn like her Mum but that's not always a bad thing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
24-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #84

Glad she is home and more settled Fran. I hope your little niggles dont come to anything more than that. Hugs to you all xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #85

Glad she's home and feeling well enough to feed the kittens (even if only two) but I would think she will settle much better and sooner having her babies and somewhere to g to ie the box and of course having her "mate" Bliss on hand.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #86

So glad to hear she's back and hopefully going from strength to strength.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #87

So glad Mildred feels more settled this morning Fran, every day you will see an improvement with her now. It's good to hear that she is up to feeding her kittens again too ...... she will definitely feel more relaxed with hew family around her..

How about you? I bet you stayed up most of the night checking her, Fran ....... make sure you catch up on your rest too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #88

I'm ok thanks Mags, yes I spent most of the night watching over her but I think my body has got used to not having hardly any sleep now. My main concern is that the eclampsia will return, I know she is only nursing two kittens but it has been known to occur in smaller litters too. The vet didn't feel it necessary to supplement her with calcium but I think I'd feel easier if she was having calcium supplementation. She has a check up on Monday morning, I'll see what the vet thinks then. I still feel she has some slight neurological symtoms of the eclampsia. Fingers crossed she continues to pick up and that it doesn't re-occur.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
24-11-2007, 02:34 PM   #89

I'm so pleased to hear that she's home Fran and wanting her babies back. She has been through a lot (as have you) and I'm sure that she will get better a little every day. Try not to worry too much, the vet must know what he/she is doing and if they don't think she needs calcium supplements then that must be right. It's only natural for you to worry, but you have to put your faith in them. They want what's best for Mil too.

I hope she goes from strength to strength. Give her a little cuddle from me.

You know where I am if I can do anything to help too.
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
24-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #90

Its early days yet, she sounds to be improving Fran.