Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #1

Starting to fret now, Bella's gone walkabouts.

Now, I'm not panicking before anybody says so, i'm just a tad concerned.
Bella is very much an outside cat, infact since speying she's prefered being out all day and being in the house only for a few hours-even then under protest And she is a wanderer, she goes quite far for a female.
But she was last seen at around half two on the 28th of December. Whilst prefering outside, she always is home for an hour n a half at about sixish; for tea and a wash of her babies. But she didn't that day. And she hasn't made an appearence since or even been seen around the house.
I've not put up signs etc just yet, and not yet have I wrang vets etc, i emphasize yet. I've put the word about locally, and asked all the young children who live local to keep a look out and theres something in it for them if they do. And i've asked neighbors to check garages/sheds etc. But to no avail as of yet. I'm taking the dogs out more times than I can count to hopefully see her around. But nothing.
I think it's time to be a bit more than concerned, and I think it's time to ring round the vets and such.
It's the fact her absent spell has fallen over new years eve...fireworks everywhere n all..
Her boys are frantic and have gone off their food without ma around.
It's just not right..I'm not being pessimistic at all, cause I remember Clementine has done a few stints like this..and came home right as rain. But Bella's such a creature of habbit, that it makes me worry...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #2

Re: Starting to fret now, Bella's gone walkabouts.

OMG, I don't like the sound of that' I'd be in full panic mode by now! I think it's time for signs, vet calls, etc....please do keep us updated on Bella. Sending good vibes and
(((hugs))) .....

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #3

oh Bella come on home sweetie !

I have one a bit like that, so I understand your concerns (((hugs smilie here)))
Tink is only just gone 1 yr old and he's always an out and about kitty. He's been neutered but loves playing in the fields opposite and I am sure he has some buddies down the road
He has his normal routines, which of course we all get used too. But last night he didnt come home at his usual time We called for him and I had a pace down the street. But nothing
We went to bed, he can get access to our conservatory through the catflap so he can get in OK and this is where he spend his nights anyway. But I didnt like to think he wasnt in.

Guess what, this morning he was there waiting for his brekkies purring and doing his circle of eight around my legs as if nothing had happened !!

We sat him down and interrogated him but you know how it is, they wont tell you anything

I do think its time to check with neighbours, as things are different over the festive season, people routines and habits change. She may have gone into someones garage or shed. A call around the vets would settle your mind too.

Keep us posted !!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #4

Do hope she comes home soon Luke, maybe someone has taken her in??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #5

I agree I would also be panicking like crazy now... after a few hours I would of been searching the area!! But that is just me!!!!

I hope she turns up soon - she must know the area pretty well if she is out a lot, so hopefully will find her way back soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
02-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #6

Luke I hope she come's home soon. Take care. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #7

I sincerely hope that Bella is just having a little adventure and lost track of time etc. I'd be beside myself but then its been years since i have had an outdoor cat.
Fingers crossed she returns home safe and well very soon xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #8

Oh dear Luke you must be worried by now. I hope she returns home soon. Sending out searching vibes for you Bells,,,,,,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #9

Any news, Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #10

Doh Luke, you must be frantic

I don't see any problem with ringing vets etc, putting posters up - if she wanders quite a large area it's possible someone has taken her in because of the fireworks.

Hope she returns soon *hugs*