Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
09-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #1

Rioting

How do you feel about the rioting that is going on at the moment?
Do you feel it's justified?
Do you feel that people have a right to violently protest?
Do you think it solves issues by showing people in government how passionate you are?

Or is it mindless, sensless destruction that is causing misery, bankruptcy, loss and physical injury to innocent people for no just cause whatsoever? (I think you can guess my stance)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #2

Re: Rioting

The second part, BC, without a doubt. Opportunistic looting and senseless destruction in the vast majority of cases.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #3

I am all for protests but this is just organised crime, it has nothing at all to do with the death of a young man. I saw some video footage of a young man on the ground with a head injury, one or two young men helped him to his feet. At that point you thought they weren't all that bad but then there was a rush of others and they all had a hand in robbing the poor guy. That is just sickening.
Peoples lives, businesses are being destroyed and for what?
I beleive this is what happens when we go too far to the left, cannt use water cannons because its againt their human rights etc etc, what about the rights of the vicitms and the innocent?
Mind you it doesnt help when the police and those in power are corrupt, theiving gits either. This country needs a complete overhaul.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #4

Completely agree with you, Elaine, except perhaps for your last sentence! My brother is a police Inspector in the Met, he retires this year and neither hin nor any of his colleagues are corrupt, he has only ever done his best and risked his life for the force like the majority of police, of course there will always be the occasional wrong 'un. The government, well I don't think they are much use!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #5

I am sure your brother is a good man Kim but the force as a whole do not command my respect as I have witnessed first hand how rotten they can be and how they can conspire amongst themselves to hide their wrong doings.
And we all know that there are many corrupt polititions out there.
However none of that can take away that the rioters MUST be held accountable for destroying peolpes lives, homes and business's.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
10-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #6

I think they should be allowed to send in the water canons etc, it's time these morons were shown there are consequences for breaking the law. The media should be gagged for inciting some of these issues. They have way too much power and do not wield it responsibly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #7

Sounds like we all want the same thing. I am speechless that people are ruining communities and the livelihoods of innocent people all out of greed and immoral behaviour its a disgrace