Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
16-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #11

Re: Dalmatians and Labradoodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
But as long as stupid people think they are getting something special and are willing to pay the high price tags, stupid people will continue to breed them.
I dont think the ones breeding them are stupid, think its more a case of jumping on the band waggon to make money + lots of it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #12

Speaking of designer dogs and making lots of money... Anyone hear about the Red Tibetan Mastiff puppy which became the world's most expensive dog after being sold for almost £1 million?!?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #13

That's amazing Squirrel - I'd not heard about it, so had to look it up. Here's a link with a photo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That's amazing Squirrel - I'd not heard about it, so had to look it up. Here's a link with a photo!
I know, it is a bit of a shock!

We tend to have a look at the newspapers for newsworthy articles to discuss on the course I help out at on a Weds, and this was one of the items of news picked out by the guys. They seemed to think that the pup looked like a lion more than a dog!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #15

He certainly is a most unusual dog ..... and a glorious colour.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #16

I have to admit to have been quite interested in Labradoodles (and Poodles for that matter). Being quite badly allergic to dogs I find Labs in particular aggrievate my condition so avoid pretty well all dogs as a result. However I do actually LIKE them!

A short stay with a friend years and years ago and being exposed to her parents' toy poodles with no resulting reaction makes me think that one day I would actually like one of these dogs.

So is the consensus that it's a con? That would be a shame, but as I actually quite like the standard poodle that might be a safe option for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #17

Poodles do not cast so they are better for people who have allergies. The labradoodle - some cast, some don't.