Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #1

In Memory of all my Cats

I'm known for my long posts(!) but when my dear girl Mitzi died November 2012 I was lost for words. I would have either posted an epistle 20 pages long on her life and how much she was loved by all or made a video. In making a video in remembrance of her I came across all of my other cats who I have been lucky enough to share their lives with me, so, for now, here is a video of ALL of them. All loved as much, and all very special cats.

I have tried not to be morbid, so this is a video to celebrate their joy in living. I hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oi6u...ature=youtu.be

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #2

Re: In Memory of all my Cats

What a lovely tribute video Truth ...... that had me smiling nearly all the way through but now I have a couple of moist eyes ..... such lovely lovely cats and memories. I am so sorry that your beloved Mitzi has now passed. They all had lives full of love and fun and no-one, or no cat, could possibly hope for more.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #3

Thank you angieh, such kind words. I do miss my Mitzi bossing us around!

She was doing so well until one day she got a blockage and couldn't keep even her broth down without having very nasty and frightening coughing fits, each time I half expected her to die in my arms. She otherwise was fine and so very much wanted to eat, it wasn't fair on her. I tried anti-hairball meds, everything, and with her not being able to swallow she could no longer take her thyroid pills in any form. I didn't want to put her through any investigation to see what the blockage was, she wouldn't have made it and would have just got weak and miserable. So while she was still blissfully unaware and before she inevitably went downhill I called the vet out. Put the phone down twice before asking tho, hardest thing. She was on her favourite cushion in the lounge and passed over peacefully with me giving her her usual night time routine of a gentle head massage to sleep, her head dropped slowly in my hand while I said my goodbyes and told her what a brave girl she was, and she slipped away.

Sad as it was I really couldn't have wished for a more peaceful passing over for my girl, and the vet was very good at allowing us that time alone together while she passed.

Funny thing is for a few nights after this I definitely heard scratching around the litter tray (as was her usual nightly routine as soon as I got into bed). I thought maybe it might have been a spider..but none found when I cleaned up. We were close, my little girl and I.

(There I go with the long postings again, sorry)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #4

That sounds like the best possible way to go Truth and very considerate of your vet.

I am sure that little spirits stay around just long enough to make sure we are all right and then pass on.

Bless you Mitzi, may your onward journey be full of joy.