Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
09-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #1

Jasper the pointer!

We welcomed a new dog into the family a couple of weeks ago, it could be looked upon as a controversial thing to do but I am sure it was the right thing to do.
He is a 2 year old german short haired pointer who was booked in to be PTS for nipping a little girl. He was tied up at a play park and she went up to pat him ( although someone said she was teasing him). Her face was scratched but her mother didn't want to report it and the owner didn't think it was aggressive- more that he jumped up and it was accidental.
Anyway, we have taken him and he has been lovely, he is quite fearful but once he knows you is affectionate and playful. He has just been neutered so is on restricted exercise, but even with this is not overly boisterous.
I am glad I took him home!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #2

Re: Jasper the pointer!

Is he all right around the other animals?

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

He gets on great with the dogs, barks at the cats- but the cats and dogs are kept separate in the house anyway. He hasn't been off a long lead yet as I don't know how he is going to be with the livestock- he's also learning his new name. I am concerned about him with the sheep and goats but hopefully a bit of training and lots of other dogs as company will keep his mind of other things.
In a couple of months we plan to get a behaviourist out to assess him, hopefully to confirm he is not an aggressive dog.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
09-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #4

Bless you for rescuing this boy. Im sure in your capable hsnds he will blossoom Any photos?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #5

Very pleased to hear he has settled in well. The lab' I asked you about has found her new forever home and she too has settled in well.

Catsey Veteran

09-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #6

Glad to hear about the lab getting a new home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #7

thats great you took him in farthing. hope to see pics xx