Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
14-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #11

Re: Running and dogs

Im not surprised you were wary CS, i would be scared too, glad todays run was better. Im envious of runners aswell!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
14-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #12

As a dog walker, I always make my dogs come into the side and wait until joggers or cyclists pass. My personal experiences are that many dog owners are very selfish and irresponsible.
I had a row with one such person a few weeks back, I had 4 dogs, all on lead and right in front of their noses this stupid woman with a ball thrower, threw the ball and all 4 of my dogs kicked off big time. Why couldnt she have waited 10 seconds for me to pass by before throwing the ball?
I had to stop, calm all 4 dogs before moving off again. I told her that she had created that. She told me that it wasnt her fault my dogs werent well trained. I said that that was why they were all on lead and if they hadnt been then there would have been a fight over the ball and that a little common sense and curtiousy goes a long way. She told me that she had ALOT of common sense when it came to dogs and I laughed, shook my head and said I dont think so dear.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
16-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #13

A little more thought for other people and less selfishness would go a long way, it's not hard to do!

Like angieh I was knocked down by a dog when I was 5..but I was just chased and licked to death! Frightening at the time though. My great aunt was knocked over by a dog with an irresponsible owner, the shock actually killed her..I blame the owner entirely. The dog WASN'T put down for the owner's incompetance thankfully, as happens all too often these days, So so wrong, poor dogs. ..(but that's not why I have a running machine).