Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
22-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #1

Garfeild's story of how he became what he is.

Garfeild was born undernethe a trailor with alot of other cats. The owner was nutz and when he found out that a stray cat had kittens, he pulled out his gun and shot alot of cats since he had so many (It dosn't matter, it was wrong and he WAS arrested) My Dad was working on selling trailors at one point and I was very little and I went with him to work. They moved the trailor to find a rough number of 50 cats, dying, starving,or already dead. They arrested the man and I think he is still in jail (I'm not sure) well, Dad didn't want me to see, so he put me in the truck. (I remember this day clearly cause now it was sooo funny) I got mad cause I really wanted to know what was going on, so I snuck out of the car and I actually went in the trailor after they had setteled it down to move all the cats. I was walking around and I remember getting real scared because all of these pictures of clowns and stuff. I heard this hissing noise above me and there was a small little kitten on the top shelf, hissing at me. Of course like any kid, they would run to a kitten and be like "KITTY!!!" and thats what I did. I ran to it, and the kitten leaped from the shelf and landed right on my face. I fell backwards and his a chair and I had to get 14 stitches in the back of my head. Lol. When I woke up, my Dad was right beside me frowning (Mad that I snuck out) but he had a cute little bundle right next to me. He said that the kitten kept following them, so he decided to give it to me as a get-well gift. We took him home, and noticed that he would barely walk. We took him to the vet and we were told that his bones in the backside looked as if they'd been stomped on, so he had to go through several surgeries. The good news was, was that he came through fine, only left with a small limp. He's healthy and he's kinda independent so we don't see him much except when he's hungry lol. Other then that, he's been a really good cat to all of us ^^ He was also raised by our oldest dog, scruffy ^^

Garfeild is very tough! He's the one that chases Dogs out of out yards lol.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
22-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #2

Re: Garfeild's story of how he became what he is.

what a sad little life but now it seems a very happy and im glad when you look back you find that day very funny

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #3

Good Lord - what a horror story, good job that psycho's behind bars . But I'm so pleased that at least one kitty got a chance at a new life. Thanks so much for sharing Garfield's story with us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #4

What a sad start in life. So glad your Dad let you keep him.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #5

What a shocking story! I'm so pleased your Dad gave him to you and he now has a happy home with you....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #6

What a horrific start he had to life, but a lovely happy ending for him. Well done your dad!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
22-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #7

What a terrible story, but with a fabulous happy ending!!

I'm so pleased your dad let you keep the kitty and give him a second chance.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
22-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #8

A very shocking and sad story but it had a lovely ending with you taking Garfield and giving a loving home.
Sally

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
22-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #9

He is a very nice cat. My BF calls him a "Gangsta" just cause the first time he came over to my house, Garfeild hissed and puffed up and basically attacked him lol. He only does that to people he dosn't know o.o;; but, he's still a good cat ^^