Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
16-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #1

Sock's page ^^

Sock's the Kitten

Socks was only a few weeks old when he was kicked out his home. My boyfriend's neighbors had a pure bred persian and it was a show cat that had alot of prizes and everything (Her name is Alexis and she was a VERY sweet cat) However, she got pregnant and the owners were very excited cause she was bred with another persian. What they didn't know was that a stary black cat that hooked up with persian alittle bit before that. (My Boyfriend saw so he said) So, when the kittens were born, all were black or white with really short hair except for one, who was black and white and had long hair (socks). They had 5 kittens in total. They managed to give 4 away at the age of 3 weeks (Which is horriable cause to me that's way to young..) and I suppose they all found a happy home. However, nobody would take Socks. So they dumped it out side, closed the door and wouldn't let it back in, no matter how much the Mom screamed for it's baby and the baby did the same. So, a few days later, Kyle smelled this horrible smell (What he told me smelled like a Hobo who lived in New York) and looked under his house and he found a small kitten, covered in his own feces from trying to keep cool. (I live in TN, it gets very hot sometimes) So, he picked up the kitten, brought it inside and washed it up. My boyfriend is alergic to cats, so he was coughing and had a runny nose constantly, but he said it wasn't as bad as it use to be, but still he couldn't keep it cause his 5 year old little sister is alergic to them. So, even though I have 2 dogs 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs, 1 parakeet, Lord knows how many fish,and 3 hermit crabs and a lizard...I took him in without giving it a second shot. I took him in, tried to see if he was weened (He's drinking out of a dish) so I was releived by that and I took him to the vet and found out why no body wanted him. He has a twitch problem in his right eye that sometimes showed brain problems. However ^^ He was just fine. He just has a small twitching problem and the vet said he would grow out of that. So, he lives at my home now, drinking kitten milk, and eating soft foods since he has no back teeth yet. He plays and he sleeps and he folows me around constantly.Me and my boyfriend call him our little baby boy because to us he is like our baby. Since me and him both want a kid of our own someday (But I'm still to young XP ) So ^^ thats the story of Socks Boo Truman Loyd ^^ He's going to turn 4 weeks tomorow ^^

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #2

Re: Sock's page ^^

What a very sad story but with a lovely ending Lucky Socks to have found you! I'm looking forward to watching him grow

Catsey Junior

16-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #3

Me too, He's just now starting to "mew" alot. So, I know theres going to be alot more comming XP

I'll try and post pics like every week. As that, I have to go take a pic of Garfeild soon lol. He's such a stuborn character XP

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #4

What a sad start to his little life. So glad he found love and companionship with you. I too look forward to seeing him bloom into a confident cat.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #5

Poor Socks, what an unhappy start to life for him... He is so lucky to have been given a home and shown love by you and your boyfriend .........may he give you both much happiness in the years to come...

Catsey Junior

16-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #6

He's already given me so much happiness ^^ A few weeks ago, my mother tried to commit suicide, so I had to move away for a bit untill she got stable again. Socks basically gave me a way to be happy ^^ What kitten dosn't make a person happy??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #7

What a dreadful person to do that to the kitten, and it's wonderful that he's ended up with you and has a loving home with you and your boyfriend. Sorry to hear about your mother; I hope things are better with her now...?? Please do try to sneak a pic of Garfield when he isn't looking!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #8

What a heartless individual to do that to a poor mum and kitten and I'm so glad Socks has found a new home with you, where I'm sure he'll be loved and pampered! Sorry to hear about your mum and hope things are better for her now.

Catsey Junior

17-06-2007, 03:44 AM   #9

My Mom is getting better ^^ They got her on these uber-happy pills. I just got a few really cute pics ^^ Garfeilds page is comming up next.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #10

my God, what a touching story...i'm officially a "socks fan"...LOL
bless you for taking him in...