Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #21

Re: Poor little soul

I really like boxers and am so saddened to see a picture like that. FGS - how much more difficult/expensive is it to give him enough food rather than just some food.
Fingers crossed for him to be happy for the rest of his life.
Maybe it's a good thing you're a way away from me Jac - I'd be really tempted and Dinah would love a friend.........

xxxxs to you Jac. Thank goodness you, and Smudgely and the others, do what you do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #22

Poor baby. Beggars beleif what people will put an animal through. At least he has a good chance of a happy and loving life now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
10-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #23

OMG it really shocks me... how could anyone let it get to this stage... its cruelty. Hope that this dog regains his full health, best of luck with him, poor mite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #24

I find it really hard to believe a supposed loving home could not see he was starving. They should have their food taken away from them and not given enough to live on. They should also be banned from ever owning any other animal for life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #25

We have had him to the vet. He only weighs 15 kilos. He should be about 28. He goes back on Friday. He also is on antibiotics for his pressure sores and he has cuts in his ears. Dont know how . Antway ladies he will be well cared for. Will let you know how he gets on on Friday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
10-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
We have had him to the vet. He only weighs 15 kilos. He should be about 28. He goes back on Friday. He also is on antibiotics for his pressure sores and he has cuts in his ears. Dont know how . Antway ladies he will be well cared for. Will let you know how he gets on on Friday.
At least he is young enough to enjoy a proper home. Good luck with him Jac let us know how he gets on at the vets. Give him a very gentle hug from me.

Kay.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #27

aww thats so sad,that poor thing. how come no matter how badly treated an animal will always still lvoe it's owner and wag it's tail when it sees them, hoping to get loved and fed? If it wer em i'd bite thier butts so hard! the poor thing. If you cant afford to feed a pet properly dont get one.

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #28

Hi all
I saw Simba today and he is gaining weight. He is dreadfully hand shy and is going to take some work. He has bitten twice, but he was off the lead and the person who had him out raised her hand to take hair out her face. Then hey presto he thought he was going to get hit. He's going to be castrated soon as well (once he has gained a few more pounds) he is a wee sweetie though. I'm sure he is workable.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #29

Poor thing I really hope he comes good and then gets that forever loving home he so desperately needs

Catsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #30

The girl that is working with him is great. I have no doubts she will be able to turn him round. Once he realises that he is getting fed regularly and not hit whenever someone feels like it he'll be fine. It wont happen over night but I'm sure it will. You get a "feeling" about animals and he just wants to be loved. It will be about 6 months before he's fit to move to his forever home I think. There will be a special home for him when he's able to move on. As for the people (I use that term loosley) that had him..........well the SSPCA have taken there other dog.