Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #1

Chloe and Misty

Chloe was born on 10th September 2004 in Maidstone, Kent. It was around this time that I started looking for a kitten. I had been thinking about a cat for a long time and after a lot of debating had made my mind up.

Sean and Emma (my children) had gone through the deaths of so many hamsters that I decided it was time for something a little longer lasting!! I was a bit worried about the children's asthma but had been visiting lots of people with cats to see their reaction. All seemed to be ok.

When Chloe was six weeks old the owner of the litter of kittens called to say she was ready to come to me. A short trip to Maidstone with my sister and a cardboard box followed. On the way home Chloe was very scared and had decided to make a little mess in the box and then promptly fell in it so when I finally got home I had one very small, frightened, fluffy and very smelly kitten! A quick clean up and we waited for the children to finish school!!

Here is a picture of Chloe at around eight weeks.

I had millions but unfortunately my pc crashed and I lost all my pictures.

Chloe settled in well, but after a few weeks I felt she was lonely during the day when I was at work and the kids were at school. A friend of a friend had two cats who had both had large litters and she was inundated with kittens. She said I could have one. I collected Misty who was in a very sorry state when she was six weeks old (although I believe the lady lied to me to get me to take her sooner). She was thin and scrawney and had a respiratory infection. A course of antibiotics from the vets and lots of TLC and plenty to eat and Misty was on her way to recovery.

Here is a picture of Misty at around six weeks old. She was born on 21st October 2004.

For a week or so I had to keep them apart as they were "fighting" all the time. It was hard to keep them separate and caused a lot of stress going in and out of doors and trying to split my time between them. It was only after a few weeks of this that a friend suggested they were not fighting but merely playing!! As I had never owned a cat before I did not realise!!!! I then had a few strong drinks and left them to it!!!! They played and played and chased each other for hours!!!!

Things have settled down well. They are now both just over a year old. They do get on, but prefer their own space. They do not tend to cuddle up or anything but appreciate the company.

Here are a couple of more recent pictures.

My daughter, Emma, with Misty.

Chloe taking it easy.

I will update this post as and when. Hope you enjoyed Chloe and Misty's story.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #2

Re: Chloe and Misty

Well done Donna, a great page and a lovely story of Misty and Chloe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #3

Great story and beautiful pictures!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #4

Lovely story Donna and two beautiful kitties!!! Well done, Chloe and Misty's home page is excellent!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
10-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #5

Great page, lovely looking cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #6

Thanks for doing this page. I enjoyed it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #7

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings and thank you for all your lovely comments!! I will add to this as and when I have some spare time x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
14-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #8

Donna, Chloe and Misty are gorgeous. I love Torties. I have a Persian Tortie (as well as 7 other Persians) called Leila. Here is a pic of her.