Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #1

Older Kitten Diet?

Hi,
I have a beautiful half Ragdoll 8 month old kitten/teenager/ young cat. He is still on kitten food and will be for about 4-5 months, as he is growing slowly but steadily as Raggies do.

His diet consists of Whiskas Kitten pouches (but mainly the meat in gravy ones, as he is not mad on the jelly ones) and Junior Cat Iams dry food.

He has half a pouch in the morning, Iams throughout the day and another half pouch for dinner. He has been happy with this (the same amount he was given at 7 weeks old, though he never properly ate it then) until yesterday, when I picked him up from the cattery!

Now he could happily eat one whole pouch in the morning, Iams throughout the day and another whole pouch in the evening. Would this be okay to give him? He seems constantly hungry and is not overweight.

Also, when he is an adult, should he be given two pouches (I will give adult Whiskas and Natures Menu) and Adult Iams per day - would this be good for when he is an adult? (I brush his teeth regularly).

Thanks very much - I am quite confused as he is my first!!