Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Moggies
19-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Quality dry food?

My 3 cats have always had James wellbeloved dried food. I would like to change them to something less expensive without compromising on the quality. If that is possible any recommendations?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
19-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #2

Re: Quality dry food?

the dog gets HARRINGTONS from Asda,i saw they do it for cats too,the cats tend to eat it as an when they want.they dog gets it as main food

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
20-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #3

Arden Grange, much better quality than JWB, as has no chemical preservatives in.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
20-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #4

I Use "more" Which Is A Complete Food, But I Do Sometimes Soak It In Water For About 5mins To Soften It And My Two Kittens Prefer It That Way.

Cats owned: Two moggies
20-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Arden Grange, much better quality than JWB, as has no chemical preservatives in.
I get this too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
21-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #6

We use Hills sensitive and also now Hills kitten which is probably more expensive. Burns apparently do cat food also, although dont know about price. Food here is centred round what agrees with Timmy, as he has a sensitive digestion

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tortie DSH
21-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #7

I feed Meowing Heads "Hey Good Looking". It contains 51% chicken which seems to be pretty good, the Purr-nickety version contains quite a high content of Salmon too.

Wet food continues to be a sticking point! I tried Hi Life and Feline Fayre but Visa liked neither! So I've currently got Gourmet, but I don't like the look of the ingredients list so might try Hills Science Plan next.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hez
I feed Meowing Heads "Hey Good Looking". It contains 51% chicken which seems to be pretty good, the Purr-nickety version contains quite a high content of Salmon too.

Wet food continues to be a sticking point! I tried Hi Life and Feline Fayre but Visa liked neither! So I've currently got Gourmet, but I don't like the look of the ingredients list so might try Hills Science Plan next.
Ours kitts love Felix - "As good as it looks". Jollyes have it on special offer at the moment - 3 for £10. I don't know about meat content because most of the time they slurp the jelly up first . It's certainly very popular Adults get Felix Sensation. Plus you can save the glens on the box to buy goodies

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
13-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #9

I currently use iams kitten dried food, I thought was supposed to high quality, can anyone advise? Tinkerbelle seems to enjoy it and I have no complaints, just wondering incase there is anything better I give her x