Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed breed
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #1

Confused about wet food.

What am I looking for?
Is there any foods I should avoid?

Thanks, my username should've been "Clueless"

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

Re: Confused about wet food.

Hi Slb! I Also Asked Alot Of Questions About Wet or Dry Food. I Was Told By My Vet To Make Sure It Had Mostly Meat In It And Not A Lot Of Derivitives Or Extracts. I Use " Hi Life " It Is A Little More Costly Than The Others, But It Does Have 60% Meat And My Two Kittens Love It. Because It Is A Little Expensive, I Give My Two It Once A Day And The Hard Meals ( Which I Use " More " ), Soaked In Water First, ( As My Two Don't Really Like It, But Will Eat It When Its Softer!! Fussy Beggars!! ), The Rest Of Their Feeds! That Way They Always Get Enough Water In Their Diets!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

Every one has their own personal preference when it comes to feeding their pets, the most important thing is to find something which suits her and doesnt upset her tummy.

http://www.moggies.co.uk/articles/nutrition.html#8

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
04-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #4

Hi Aimee
I feed Whiskas adult tins to my gang, and Arden Grange dry kitten food
They get wet twice a day, and the dry is down all the time.

Catsey Junior

05-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #5

Ok, so I have Felix Kitten wet and Whiska's dry food for him; not that he's had so much of that as a certain brown hooligan keeps eating it! But he doesn't seem overly fussed about dry food anyway..

How much approx. should I be feeding him a day, at the moment he's on 100g in the morning and 100g at tea time, with the dry down too...

He's 4 months old should he be getting more - I'm just going on what his previous owner fed him, also he isn't eating the full 100g either times.. is that normal?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #6

Cats are pretty good at walking away when they are full (unlike a certain dog I know ). My lot graze through out the day on dry food and I just fill up as necessary. They get a tin of wet food a day split between the 3 of them, and it's whatever food is on offer in Asda at the time

Catsey Junior

05-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Cats are pretty good at walking away when they are full (unlike a certain dog I know ). My lot graze through out the day on dry food and I just fill up as necessary. They get a tin of wet food a day split between the 3 of them, and it's whatever food is on offer in Asda at the time
So they aren't like dogs where they need to have food added gradually to their diet so they don't get upset then?

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #8

well, technically you should, however my lot get theirs changed all the time with no side effects (and believe me that is a wonderful state off affairs compared to five years ago lol, after the problems we had with Teddie!!). And I'm a great believer in the old adge that I wouldn't want to eat the same food day in, day out, so why should my pets

Catsey Junior

05-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
well, technically you should, however my lot get theirs changed all the time with no side effects (and believe me that is a wonderful state off affairs compared to five years ago lol, after the problems we had with Teddie!!). And I'm a great believer in the old adge that I wouldn't want to eat the same food day in, day out, so why should my pets
Hence why the dogs are on raw we'll see how he does on this combo, when can I start him on adult food?

Catsey Veteran

05-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #10

Well, I quit kitten food altogether at about 5 months as I'm not a big fan of it.