Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #31

Re: Natures Menu/Almo Nature/Gourmet Gold/Best wet food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPARK
I TRIED THE WOOD PELLETED LITTER AND BOTH MY KITTENS WOULDNT GO ANYWHWERE NEAR IT!! IN FACT THEY BOTH WENT EITHER BESIDE THEIR BASKET OR ONE OF THEM ACTUALLY PEED IN HER BASKET!!!!!! DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY, BUT WHEN WE WENT BACK TO THE NORMAL LIGHT GRAVEL LITTER THEY WERE OK!
FUSSY LITTLE BEGGERS!!!
I'm changing it over slowly, just sprinkling it on top at 1st..Who knows my 2 could react the same as your 2 when the full changeover comes into force! Only time will tell! I love the piney fresh smell, it could be the new texture or the smell JM..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
26-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthisouthere
I'm changing it over slowly, just sprinkling it on top at 1st..Who knows my 2 could react the same as your 2 when the full changeover comes into force! Only time will tell! I love the piney fresh smell, it could be the new texture or the smell JM..
probably was that i changed it over too quickly, but am loathed to try it again. you can pick up the gravel litter quite cheap in Tesco and Asda, so i will keep with that. They both don't seem to mind the "value" packs and they do seem to soak up well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #33

Some of the wood pellet litters are scented with pine which can be very off putting to our fussy furry friends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #34

My two have been going "au natural" during the summer. I wonder if it wouldn't be kind of me to put down their litter trays again? I certainly will do if there's a snowfall, but wonder where the line should be drawn between encouraging "softness" and being a considerate mummy

Course, it's different if your cats are always used to litter trays indoors.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
26-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #35

I only employ the use of litter trays on a permanent basis when they are ill, or in the winter, now they are both getting on in years I like to give them the luxury of indoor facilities in the warm. I never used them angie until Mitzi was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and find them very very useful for keeping tabs on their health. I had a cat once who I didn't have a clue was so ill until one day I found a mess of blood stained 'number 2's', I would have picked this up much sooner had I had a litter tray indoors.. Having said that Chesi always prefers to go outdoors and will 'complain' if he has to use the tray of an evening!
..And yes, pine smelling litter (if it's artificially scented) would be quite offensive to a cat's delicate senses! I don't know if the natural pine would fare any better Elaine? It's resin based so I guess they would still view it as toxic...?