Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
25-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #1

Your cats around human food

How do your cats act around human food?

Just wanted to know because our girl Shilo is obsessed with human food.

Shilo is our little kitty alarm Whenever we are preparing any type of food, she runs from wherever she is. She will wake up from a deep sleep, her eyes barely open, meowing as loud as she can "Give me food!". Shilo will stop in the middle of playing & meow so loud. All of a sudden, you hear a stampede of cat paws. Cats come out from everywhere

How each of our cats act around human food:
- Sliver wants nothing to do with it
- Snowball lays around us waiting for scraps if there are any
- Sushie dislikes all people food
- Sage meows for a while, then wanders off when he knows hes not getting any human food
- Spooky sits there looking at us with her cute little face thinking maybe if i'm cute they will give me food too!
- Spici lets out a loud high pitched meow when she wants some of our food
- Shilo - See above/Post is about her
- Sadee tries to climb our legs & meows at us with her little mew
- Sasha sits there quietly thinking if shes good, that she'll be first in line

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
25-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #2

Re: Your cats around human food

Dylan meows constantly until he get food, if that fails he'll try to help himself! He's convinced he will like bananas at the moment

Beauty would take people food tha was offered her, but she wasn't a one for pestering for people food (chicken, turkey and tuna were the only people food she liked)

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
25-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #3

my older cat who is 15 was brought up on human food,he likes cooked pepper green better than red or yellow i think,i cant remember the younger cat plays with the food,but she will try it sometimes

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
25-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #4

oh n the dog eats anything,cept red apples,i think its coz i dont eat them so he doesnt know wot they r

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #5

This is a cute thread, HappyKatz!

Merlin is getting on now and his senses are not what they were. He generally likes human food - especially yoghurt, even fruity ones; cream and milk; sweet corn kernels; anything with garlic in, such as bolognaise sauce or even curry sauce (not that he got much!); tuna, salmon and prawns and cheese; roast meats, esp chicken and beef. MIL used to feed him bits at table, after we told her not to, so he used to make a real pest of himself at meal times and had to be shut out when we were eating, but that wasnt his fault.

Smudge our other lovely girl, gone but never forgotten, never used to want any human food or trouble us at all. I think I used to give her prawns as treats sometimes and she used to like those.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #6

Casper loves human food, especially curry from the chinese, he is a real mooch at dinner time, the rest do not bother...He sits a meows very loudly and has been known to try a swipe food off your fork!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #7

Alfie is very well mannered and waits until he's offered. He's not a great fan of things other than meats and fish.

Kinsi is just a pain - She is being taught just now that begging, looking pathetic, crying, scratching and jumping into your plate does not result in a food award. I remain hopeful she'll get the message at some point. Any scraps we do give her - in her own dish -are wolfed down. Not found anything she won't try as yet!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
26-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #8

Both Maxi and Maisy go bananas over the smell of our food and always try to sit at the table with us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
26-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #9

kuan yin goes crazy over human food, especially spaghetti o's..she will bat it off the fork before i can get it to my mouth!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #10

Leia doesn't like people food at all, although she has mellowed in the last year to decide that ham and roast chicken are OK. But never pesters for it. Sultan and Dandy both loved our food; both at different times grabbed a half roast chicken out of the bottom shelf of the fridge and made off with it, with me in hot pursuit! Su-ling snatched a whole broiled trout off my plate while I went to answer the doorbell! Misty and Patches were more ladylike, but would hover about hopefully when I was fixing something they liked, especially tuna, prawns or sardines. And Misty thought cheddar cheese was the best food in the world!

They're all so different, aren't they? Gotta love them!