Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #11

Re: "Fake" tan

I'm one of those unfortunate people that go dirty brown in the sun. Not tanned and healthy looking, just looking like I need a good wash! and my nose always burns
I 've used the Johnson's moisturiser and it just gave me a shiny forehead and spots!!!Guess I just have to cover up this old body in future

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #12

I think the spray tans that you get in salons look better than the ones from a bottle. The bottle ones often stain the hands and doesnt apply very well on the knees and ankles, or maybe its just that put it on badly
I tan fairly well and like a tan, used to be a sunbed worshiper but stopped all that. Like Steph, when I am tanned, Im tanned and if not so be it.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
18-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #13

I use fake tan and have done as a replacement for sunbeds which are extremely dodgy.

I have used many many different brands searching for the elusive 'natural' look and one that doesn't have that awful smell!

The best one by far (including spray tans from the salon) is Xen Tan - it really is fantastic. It goes on with no streaks and smells like almonds.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #14

I use St Tropez Spray Fake tan which I find is very good. I don't go orange but I don't keep re-applying it. Never had it professional applied before but I am on Friday (St Tropez spray tan) to be a bit browner before my holiday.

A friend at work also uses the fake tans and she is quite brown but it doesn't look orange on her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #15

I'm from the pale and (I hope!) interesting tribe! I burn so I don't sunbathe and have never really had a tan in my life. A shame really as both my parents and my brother and sister were the easy tanning type, we used to come back from a family holiday and it looked as if I'd been locked in a cupboard!

I have used the tinted moisturiser on my legs just so that I don't look completely corpse-like but I can't ever see me going to a tanning salon, it would all look so phoney on me. I certainly don't want to seem to be in line for a "Tango Award" like some of the so-called celebrities.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #16

I have just come back from having a professional spray St Tropez before my holiday, colour will develop within the next 8 hours, very pleased with it so far