Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
11-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #21

Re: Do your cats like tomato sauce

My eldest loves pilchards in tomato sauce. He licks the sauce off sometimes and comes back later for the pilchards. However, I did read somewhere that as it is a food that has a very high purine content it is not good for a cat's arthritus, is very salty (not good for the heart) and the tomato sauce is slightly toxic to cats too! So I don't feed him this anymore. If your cat wants something REALLY tasty why not try Tesco's Finest range, in little tins. My Maine C""n loves the White Fish with Tiger Prawns one. As for dried food, 'Olli''s not a bad one, cats love it and it's all natural ingredients. (Only the best for my lot!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #22

how'd i ttoally miss this thread until now?

nope, my moggies dont like and wouldnt dream of giving it to the others as they have more delicate tums

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
11-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #23

The boys haven't tried pilchards or sardines but Murphy loves baked beans in tomato sauce and they will both devour tagliatelle carbonara given half a chance!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #24

Most of mine are happy with their cat biscuits. Balie will occasionally eat popadoms and doritos but other than that the only thing Fifi and Balie will look at are prawns, tuna juice, chicken, turkey, frankfurters and ham.

Darcy just doesn't bother with anything other than his Royal Canin . . .

I've never had pilchards in tomato sauce or anything else . . . so it follows that we tend not to have them in the house and therefore the cats haven't had an opportunity to sample them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #25

Winston used to love pilchards and sardines but not in tomatoe sauce. His brother Mutley used to like bananas and chips inh curry sauce.
Eva loves king prawns and Bernie loves ham and cheese. Neither of the youngsters are too bothered about sardines with or with out tomatoe sauce.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
11-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie84
The boys haven't tried pilchards or sardines but Murphy loves baked beans in tomato sauce and they will both devour tagliatelle carbonara given half a chance!
Just thought I'd add that I've never fed them these foods - it's been when I've thought that they have been a bit quiet and found them dish washing!