Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #1

The fog!!

Cor blimey its terrible today...so thick you can barely see infront of you, walkies was awful!! It's so very thick..honestly it's gotten worse as the day has gone on-can't even see to the bottom of the garden atm!! No wonder Coventry airport gone into shutdown and no flights coming or going..never have i seen fog like this!! The roads are very quiet..its quite eery actualy, i think i saw three people walking in the street this morning..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-12-2006, 02:25 PM   #2

Re: The fog!!

Creepy Luke - what lies ahead lurking in the fog LOL!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
21-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #3

It's terrible here too. I passed a lady who had driven into a ditch on the way to work this morning - the fog is that blinding. Certainly made me drive a LOT slower.
(and yes, I did stop to help her - didn't just drive on!! lol)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #4

There is definately an eeriness about the fog.....

There appears to be several airports affected by it today too .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #5

Some fog here, and a raw, into-the-bones, cold. Brrr.
Anyone got people travelling for xmas? Or planning to travel themselves?
Not a lot of fun - I'll see how it goes before contacting my kids to say 'only come if it's safe'.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
21-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #6

one year a friend of ours was driving slowly in very snowey weather, and some idiot came up behind him flashing his lights, tooting his horn, mick moved over to let the idiot pass, gets to the top of the hill, and sees the idiot driver in a ditch, well his car was, the man was jumping up n down in a terible mood, he wasnt hurt, shouting down the mobile, so what did mick do, just slowed down opened his window, and laughed at him and called him a muppet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #7

It's gotten a hell of a lot worse, the road at the top of us is a main bus route and i have heard that several buses have had problems today..some even had too stop their route and return back to the bus station as the fog is so thick!
Have been out visiting and dropping off presents this afternoon, on the way home i couldn't see my hands infront of me-so very terrible.
Couldn't give the dogs a second walk as it was so bad 'down the valley' (it is, techniquely one!). Just terrible terrible fog..
Had relatives flying over to Hawai (i know i've spelt that wrong!), and some coming over from the states if i recall-the latter has definatley been canceled and not too sure about the first..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #8

I drove back from Glasgow yesterday and the fog in the Clyde valley and over Shap and the moors was horrific. It was not a pleasant driving experience at all. SO glad to be home safe and sound.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-12-2006, 07:28 PM   #9

Pleased you're home safe Alex. Yes, Luke the fog is terrible. I'm working tomorrow night and to get to the patients house I have to travel down some narrow country lanes. Will be going very slowly.