Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #1

Monday's thread

Morning! Sun is shining here today which is a lovely change from yesterday.

I'm at home with the boys for 3 days, mainly because I've run out of childcare for Dominik but also to give Sebi a few days break between his old nursery and new school (Thursday start ).

Got lots of running around to do, plimsolls for Domi, hairdressers (Domi again), washing floors, ironing, stitching holes in jumpers and other bits and pieces + planning the birthday party food for Saturday.

And OH has the temerity to do say I do nothing . . .

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #2

Re: Monday's thread

Morning Yola, morning all!

It's a lovely sunny morning here, we really have to make the most of day like this as it's 1st September today and Autumn is just around the corner.

I have a machine load of washing on, hopefully it will be dry in no time today. Going to the Garden Centre later to get some chippings.

Hope the sun is shining where you are - have a lovely day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #3

Weather here a bit so-so, woke up and it was sunny, now it's thrown a nasty shower.
Back to grandson and the afternoon school run this pm. It's OH's responsibility this week as I'm mostly afternoon shifts and nights.
Must get the worming tabs out later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #4

Definitely sun here, Mags, a perfect Chamber-of-Commerce day! Ideal weather for the holiday that's the unofficial end of Summer. School starts tomorrow. Everyone watching the progress of Hurricane Gustav; just heartbreaking for the poor people on the Louisiana coast facing it again...the Republicans have scaled down the events at the nominating convention; looks bad to be partying while peoples homes are destroyed and lives lost.

Yola: bah humbug to your OH!

Have a nice day ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #5

Afternoon all.

Been a busy old day here. Hayley went back to school (hurrah) and we spent all day getting Raechels school stuff for her new school . I spent over £70!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that was on a blazer, trousers, blouse, PE kit and a haircut. Just as well I already had her shoes and bag etc. But she starts tomorrow (hurrah). Will upload a pic of her later in her new uniform. Looks very grown up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #6

Sunny but chilly day today but at least no rain!!! Chloe woke me up early this morning crying... now noticed she has cystitus again... aarrgghhh!!

Usual work today for me, then more housework when I got home - kids seem to just think it magically all goes away...

They dont go back till middle of next week to school so doing the last few uniform bits so they have everything to start a new year with.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #7

Day off today and tomorrow then at work till next Wed....Lord knows why I agreed but I did. Raining today and Sal totaly enjoyed her walk in the rain......dogs seem to enjoy the rain the people looked miserable though.

Done loads of bits and pieces.....and loking for a new desk top or maybe a laptop too. Suggestions welcome.

Alex bet she loks great in her uniform.
Yola your oher half's idea of "nothing" may be slightly different.........I always think men's idea of something is "to see an end result" Sounds like a busy week ahead.

Mags send your nice weather here its been raining all day.

PP School hols over its nice you take the school run in turns.

Eileen...who do you think will win the election then?

Karen

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Day off today and tomorrow then at work till next Wed....Lord knows why I agreed but I did. Raining today and Sal totaly enjoyed her walk in the rain......dogs seem to enjoy the rain the people looked miserable though.

Done loads of bits and pieces.....and loking for a new desk top or maybe a laptop too. Suggestions welcome.

Yola your oher half's idea of "nothing" may be slightly different.........I always think men's idea of something is "to see an end result" Sounds like a busy week ahead.

Karen
I don't think I'll bother Kazz, the rain set in once again this afternoon and it looks thoroughly miserable outside at the moment!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz

Karen
Too close to call, have my fingers crossed that the Bradley effect won't be a factor. He was a well known African American running for mayor of LA; polls showed him comfortably ahead, but when people got in the voting booth apparently the racial thing took effect and he lost. People don't liker to admit to a pollster that they won't vote for a black man .....

We shall see..... at least Bush will be gone!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Too close to call, have my fingers crossed that the Bradley effect won't be a factor. He was a well known African American running for mayor of LA; polls showed him comfortably ahead, but when people got in the voting booth apparently the racial thing took effect and he lost. People don't liker to admit to a pollster that they won't vote for a black man .....

We shall see..... at least Bush will be gone!!!!!!
When will there be a result as such then Eileen...have to say the USA election process is long winded.......... and are there any little Bush's loitering in the future of the USA....or Clintons for that matter....Clinton Bush the next generation.