Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #1

Al Fayed

He's mad as a box of frogs isn't he? Have you heard his testimony today?
Papperazzi snappers and a drinking driver contributing to an accident I can take but the poor man is talking so much rubbish today.
Can't understand why this has all taken so long - the poor woman has been dead nearly 11 years now.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7250002.stm

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #2

Re: Al Fayed

Why can't he let it rest now those two sons of Diana have suffered enough through all the gossipmongers ......... they should to be allowed to keep their own memories of their mother without having to listen/read all these fact/fiction tales..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #3

The thing that surprises me is why none of the people he publicly accuses haven't sued him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #4

Nuttier than a fruit cake. Now I was no fan of Dianas whatsoever. But the woman has been dead 11 years now, let her rest in peace and let her sons be able to put this behind them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #5

If they sued him he would make more of it I would think, better to let him rant I imaine is the perception if they the people he accuses do not react that I would think is their greatest defence. You would not get into an argument with A mad man would you? you'd smile nod and walk away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
18-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #6

I agree, he is crazy. I'm no royalist by any means, but he is effectively saying the royals had Diana & Dodi assasinated I am sure Dian became an embarrasment to them, but I don't believe they are capable of that! Poor Diana, let her rest in peace now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #7

The whole thing is a farce, he just wants someone to blame!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #8

Now . . . I've met Mr Fayed several times, because when I worked for the audio/TV company we had a lot of dealings with Harrods as we had a large concession within it. He is a difficult and complex man with some very strong views, but I would not, by any stretch of the imagination say he is mad.

From a different perspective he is also a businessman and is used to being in the public eye. He will know that to rant like this without any foundation to his statements is almost certainly damaging for him and his business interests.

I obviously don't know if there is any foundation in what he says; I do know that he has, for a long time, had issues with the Royal Family. However, although he may have elaborated this in his own mind over the years, something in me thinks there's no smoke without fire

Maybe in several generations' time when records become public we might know a little more.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #9

Well I'd never have put you down as a conspiracy theorist Yola!
If they wanted Diana out of the scene there would have been much better times. At the time she died Charles and Camilla were become much more of an 'item' in establishment and public eyes and there was talk that they would get married shortly - remember the enquiries about a private ceremony in Scotland (like Anne) etc? That was all shot to peices when Diana died and they had to wait ages until the wedding actually took place.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
19-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #10

I think he should have approached the issue with evidence and in a calm manner because noone wants to listen to him ranting and raving. I think he is very angry (understandably) but I think it goes further than that. He has never been allowed official British status and I think it's now a personal attack he is out to right once and for all.