Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-02-2024, 05:08 AM   #1

Monday daily.

Good morning ladies,
It's Monday nearly 4:30pm here and it's been a nice ,kinda warmish day. I've been feeling a bit better the last few days and I'm told to just give the medication time to kick in. Cats are all OK. i was going to get the groomer to come in and shave Snoddy, as he wasn't done last time, and he has a few matts which i can't get out. He hates being brushed and I don't want to get bitten again Anyway, I've got some good news and some bad news. I'll go with the bad news first. -

Brenna's house was broken into, several items were stolen and her car's tires were slashed. She came home one afternoon to find a crowd of young boys in the paddock and on her front lawn. She told them to leave in no uncertain terms, as they were on private property, and eventually they did. it was only after they had gone, that she discovered the burglary. The next day, her bank card was cancelled by one of them (it hadn't been stolen, but she was unable to use it) and her tires were slashed the next night. The police seem to know who these troublemakers are - most of them were senior high school students and were still in school uniform. She's now terrified that they'll come back.

Now the good news - well it's sorta good. The surgery for one of my knees is this Friday , 1st March ,in the morning. The surgeon is back this week after his "serious illness". I'm terrified, but I'm sure it will be OK. Jared is going to take me to the hospital and stay with me. He's nice and calm and quiet, and he'll be better with me than Brenna. Surgery will take around 2-3 hours and hopefully I'll be able to have a spinal type block, so I will not lose consciousness, although I will have some sedation. I'll be in the hospital for 3-4 days, which i am not looking forward to, but i guess nobody ever likes being in hospital. I brought out my small suitcase last night and the cats love it. At the moment, Miracle and Betsey are having a great time in it. Now it'll be covered with white hairs, like everything else around here. I'll post as soon as I get back home and let you know how it went. Please wish me good luck. I then have to go through it all again with the other knee, but I won't think of that yet.

PAMELA I hope that you are OK and that you're starting to enjoy some better weather now. Hopefully ,Robyn has settled down with her training and is continuing to make you proud. I suppose you're busy at work, but i hope you're going to find the time to get back to the Lake District in June, as planned. It's always good to get away.

SHELLEY, I do hope your sinus infection has settled down now, and you were able to tolerate the new antibiotics. It will soon be summer for you and warmer weather always seems to clear away any sinus problems and coughs /colds. As for me, I can't wait for winter - it's my favourite season.

Nothing else to report today. I've been living a very quiet life and haven't managed to have any more fights with my neighbours. I am continuing to feed my wee birds ,albeit very quietly !!!

Off to have a shower now, then prepare tea. Farmhouse casserole and pasta tonight.

Have a super Monday, Pamela and Shelley.
PS Sending you a picture of Miracle and Bets in the suitcase.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-02-2024, 06:28 AM   #2

Re: Monday daily.

Hello Dinky and Pamela,
I love the pictures of the cats, especially the suitcase and catarium one, it looks like a little greenhouse for cats, lol.
Great news about your appointment and glad you are feeling a bit better.
Thats awful about Brenna's house, what is the world coming to.
A work colleague has similar trouble with rampant youths.
I've been busy getting stock ready for the fair on saturday, its my birthday the day afyer and then on the 4th,my son, James's.
We are going for a family meal on his birthday.
Pamela, what have you been up to?
How is your dad doing, off on any travels?