Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #1

Excellent holiday read

Okay people I suggets all those going on holiday and all those who just enjoy a good book buy this The Beach Hut....by Veronica Henry...funny touching and an easy read.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #2

Re: Excellent holiday read

I've heard from friends that this is a good read Kazz. I could do with an easy read as I've just finished the absolutely fantastic, gripping Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy, it took a fair few weeks and I was a bit boggled by the Swedish names which slowed me down a bit!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #3

Thanks, Kazz, I'll check the library for that.

I've been reading Alys Clare's medieval mysteries: quite like the Brother Cadfael ones, and excellent reads. Detection in Richard the Lionhearted's time without the benefit of modern forensics!

Catsey Veteran

06-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #4

Oh I like Cadfael too Eileen. Will look out for those, see if they catch my attention.
Mrs H I have read the first one....Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and have the other cannot motivate myself to start them though the first one was hard work but I will try again now I was trying to read them when my head was mush - straight after Op so I will try again maybe it is the names.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #5

Fortune Like the Moon is the first in the series, Kazz. I think you might like them.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #6

Will have a look.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #7

Does anyone like the C.J. Samson books? (as historical novels were mentioned). I have read Dissolution and Dark Fire, both of which were great.

Also read the Millennium trilogy and watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Sky Box Office last night. Swedish with sub titles. Very good film. Recommend it. IMO, the first book was the best.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #8

Nope not read those Angie but suspect I may like them I like historical based type books...like the Other Queen and other books by Philippa Gregory...those are an excellent read. I can reccomend highly.

I am sure I read somewhere that the BBC had commisioned the book Disolution into a series with Kenneth Branagh as Shardlake. Will look up the books though.