Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
07-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #1

Belfast

Thinking of booking a trip to Belfast in January as a suprise Christmas prezzie for OH. Has anyone been before and could you advise on accomodation please. Also any things I should see when there, any advisable pubs or restaurants to go to?? Thanks in advance

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #2

Re: Belfast

I have never been. But would be interested to hear from those that have. Why Belfast BC - does your OH have a connection with the city or does it just appeal?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #3

oooooh, I love Belfast! I've only been once but would love to go again! Can't help with accomodation though lol, 'cause when I went we were doing a tour of the north and camped everywhere! Pubs are easy. Just go into everyone you find in the citycentre lol (and there's LOTS). Well worth a look if you are interested are the murals. You can get special taxi tours that will take you round both sides of the divide and show you them and talk about them. There is also lots of lovely architecture and beautiful buildings to see, great nightlife too. Hope you have a great trip!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
07-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #4

Thanks Alex, sounds exciting.
Yola no connection we were talking about Dublin the other day and he mentioned he would rather go to Belfast so I thought why not!?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-10-2007, 08:52 AM   #5

I haven't been but my sister has been twice and says it's great. Amazing to those of us who remember 'the troubles' and TV pictures of blown up hotels etc.