Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
29-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #11

Re: Greek holidays

Hi Yola
I've found www.travelrepublic.co.uk are really good for cheap flights and the accomodation is really good too.

If you did decide to go in a hotel then try www.medhotels.com or www.quickrooms.com

You could even try ebay as some people advertise their villas on there to try and sell off a weeks holiday at a time when they have availability

Sarah
x
Hope these help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #12

Have been mostly around the mainland and loved it all but Zante to me is the greek version of benidorm. I didnt like it much and Laganas is full of night clubs and way too many brits for my liking.
Kefalonia was beautiful, quiet and relaxing. When we went to Fiskardo though we did rename it Waspkardo My friend got so upset with all the wasps that she knocked out table of food over in a panic to get away from them
We stayed in Lassi which was nice, quiet and very friendly, its also just a 20 minute walk/5 minute taxi ride into the capital of Argistoli. We got a direct flight from Newcastle.
One of the things to watch out for is tour operators talk of slight inclines which can turn out to be quite a task to climb, the thing is Greece is very mountainous and its hard to get away from any sort of short walk uphill.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #13

I love Kriti but didn't you say you don't want craggy? It'll be very bare in October (whih is one of our favourite times for going) - rocks and olive trees - lovely! North coast or south coast? East or west? Heraklion airport is not a lot of fun, so take your rescue remedy before you start your return journey.