Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #101

Re: Kitten prices

Well said, Kay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
13-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Well said, Kay!
Thank you Eileen. I never know whether to say anything or not on here in case I start an arguement

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH,1 DLH & 1 Ragdoll
17-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #103

I always encourage people to charge SOMETHING for the kitties they are trying to get rid of. Free kittens are snatched up for snake food, dog fighting bait and some will take a free kitten to a research facility and get paid for it. Therefore, it is always a good idea to charge something as most won't pay for the things above.

Also, the rescue I work with at times has a saying "you don't take care of things you don't pay for" and we have found that to be true a lot of the time. Granted, there are many people that take excellent care of free kittens they have come across....heck, I have 3 that were 'free' and they live a life of luxury, but I am a cat person. Someone stumbling upon a 'free' kitten and takes it because it is cute and cuddly and on a whim, isn't likely to take very good care of it in the long run.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #104

Very true! ........

Cats owned: Tabby
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #105

Perry cost me a bottle of wine and a box of jelly babies for the kids! But I knew the family he came from.

I had never thought about the implications of 'free kittens' probably because I love animals

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
02-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #106

well, i payed £25 for bella, trouble i 'rescued' from a neighbour, strife and magic were both from a rescue down south (same one) i gave them £20 each and the rest of the money which was spent was on petrol to collect them, so i spent about £100 in total but as i say £80 of that was on petrol, i figured if i was going to spend that amount on a moggie id much rather it was from this rescue than just someone who was seeing ££££