Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
10-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #1

Going back to school costs a fortune!

I was out with Ceilidh this afternoon. In the shoe shop the damage was £79!!! For a 6 year old.

She got this seasons must have girl shoes. They have a hidden doll in one heal and her wardrobe in the other heal.

One paair of trainers that have butterflies on the side which light up.

One school bag, ofcourse were talking Ceilidh here so it had to be pink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #2

Re: Going back to school costs a fortune!

I am too scared to think about new uniforms... am really skint at the moment... did the weekly shop on £16 today!

I have been asking the kids to try and see if the ex will pay anything towards their uniforms, but doubt it, as he still has not worked out that he has to pay for his kids upbringing after all these years!!

The kids will be going back to school on a very tight budget... poor things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #3

Oh Jac, don't even go there!! The School jumpers for Tom and Em's school with the logo on are £20 each They have two new ones each plus the polo shirts plus the logo design sports wear plus the trousers, bags and the list goes on Em's had to have a Morgan bag Luckily Tom made do with a cheap Umbro one from the sports shop but the uniform so far has cost me in excess of £200 and we still have shoes to buy

I saw thoses shoes with the doll in the heel in Clarks today - they are really cute but luckily for me my kids are a bit old for them

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #4

I have been there Donna. Pound streacher was my best friend for years and I knitted jumpers and cardies.

The only thing I never skimped on was shoes. I feel that it's so important for growing feet to have proper fitting shoes.

I got a little carried away today . I save every £2 coin I get. You wouldn't believe how it mounts up.

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #5

I'm lucky there Fran. Ceilidh's Polo shirts and sweatshirts will do this term as well. They are expensive though. Her school also do fleases, and jackets. She'll be wanting one of them next.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #6

Well Em goes up to High School this year so she has to have a whole set of new uniform including aprons for technology etc... All the clothing except trousers/skirts has to have the school logo on it. Tom has managed with his uniform for three years but apart from growing out if it, it now looks rather shabby and they have uniform inspections and a grading system with punishment, even dismissal if their uniform is poor So he's had to have a whole new set too I'm skint

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 06:55 PM   #7

Oh I know Fran. Even primary schools here are all for the logo. You have to wear certain colours depending on the time of year. Dresses in the summer, skirts polo shirts ect in the winter. I'm all for uniforms but I think it's got out of hand.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #8

I am so happy my kids have left school!

Catsey Veteran

10-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #9

5 down Moli, 1 to go!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #10

The girl obviously has good taste,she likes pink so she must have pretty dambed good taste!!!!!!