Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Siamese
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #31

Re: I am So Upset

I would class it as a long bob i like it, and it will grow loads by next june especially after a good cut.

Its long enough to have it pinned up for the big day and im sure it will look really nice

This happened to me 3 years ago i wanted my hair done before we went on holiday, my hair was way down my back and i said i wanted it a bit shorter with layers and blonde highlights, when i came out it was'nt long enough to tie back! But it did grow back really fast and its just as long again now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
04-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #32

Oh Jac my best mate is a hairdresser and she'd have done you extentions and put them in for you for less than that, get your bum down here!

I think it looks lovely too Jac but I certainly know how you feel. A while ago (ok a long while) when I was younger I wanted the 'Rachel from friends' hair do, all feathered round your face and layered, well the hairdresser advised me that as I was younger (a young teen) I should have a fringe as it would look nicer and suit me better than having a 'ladies' haircut, so I trusted them and said aye, well she took my fringe from the crown of my head! It was about an inch thick from my forehead! I got home and I cried and cried and cried all day, and it took me weeks to come round and in the end I just made a parting and it looked ridiculous for months! It took YEARS to grow out it and get it the same length as the rest of my hair, (which I had to keep cutting short so my 'fringe' could catch up).

Never been back there since and I have found a brilliant place now where I always go and they do it exactly as I want every time, brilliant. They even wash and straighten it for me (10 quid for 3 times) when I am on a night out and can't be bothered with straightening it myself! lol

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
05-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #33

Your new haircut looks lovely - and it will grow back loads in time for your wedding.

I used to be a haridresser and that length is short for a long bob - normally a long bob would be sitting on your shoulders or just below. But she should have clarified the length you wanted before she cut - because people have different views on what length is a long bob, a medium bob, a short bob etc.

I'm thinking maybe she might have had too much tension on the hair while she was cutting and the hair could have jumped after - I've seen this happen to a lot of hairdressers! You were right not to pay her though - you should never pay for a haircut that goes wrong.

but you do look great and it will grow back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #34

Thanks guys.
It's Sunday now. Had it cut on Thursday and I'm still not used to it. When I wash it it feels like there's nothing there.
The first time I put my usaul amount of shampoo on and it was far too much. Hehe I had enough soap for days .
A long bob to me is sholder length. I'll get used to it. My Mum hasnt seen it or Sean. I wonder what they will say?