Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #11

Re: My Nails.............

Oh Jac, they are so pretty!! I think of the piccies of your nails you have posted previously, these have to be my personal fav!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #12

They are so swish!!! really glam Jac!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #13

I have tried acrylic nails and both times have ended up having nasty accidents where the acrylic nail and half my own nail gets ripped off.....

Never again!!!

PS yours do look lovely Jac!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #14

Donna the acrylic is on top of my own nails. I think that makes the difference. Mind you the extensions that my girl does come under guarantee. Do you not have a place near you that guarantee's there products. OK accidents do happen and over the years I have broken a nail or two easpecially if Ive had a fall but she's always fixed them for me.
Fran thanks. I really like them too. Just a little bit different with the silver tips and the black sets them off.
I have to come up with something special for my wedding though. That should be fun!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
20-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #15

oooh I like them I keep meaning to get the tips done and have never got round to it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Donna the acrylic is on top of my own nails. I think that makes the difference.

Thats what I had done but the first accident was when I caught my nail in a window lock and it ripped my nail off to halfway down my nail - nearly passed out in pain. Spent the rest of the night biting all the others off.

Second time I had it done they all broke off so quick just by doing normal things like picking up a shopping bag

I dont think I am heavy handed but cant be bothered with having to worry about my nails all the time...

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
20-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #17

ouch that sounds so painful!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Thats what I had done but the first accident was when I caught my nail in a window lock and it ripped my nail off to halfway down my nail - nearly passed out in pain. Spent the rest of the night biting all the others off.

Second time I had it done they all broke off so quick just by doing normal things like picking up a shopping bag

I dont think I am heavy handed but cant be bothered with having to worry about my nails all the time...
Sounds to me like they didn't make the acrylic thick enough. Sounds very painfull.
I do everything I would do normally. Never have to think about my nails. From housework to gardening (when I did it) Such a shame as they are fun. I wouldn't be without them now and Ive been getting them done every three weeks for 4 over 4 years now.