Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
10-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #81

Re: Life on Mars

Last episode tonight
I'm looking forward to it in a sad sort of way. Certainly my only must-see TV for a long long time.
Any last minute theories? I've given up really ... too much thinking takes away from the enjoyment.
The only silly idea I have is that the characters at the cop shop are all facets of Sam's character. Morgan and Hunt are the good cop/bad cop part of him, Ray and Chris are his stupid and dumb traits, Annie shows his softer more intuitive side ...... but how that fits the story, who knows?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #82

My only (half baked and founded on no reason at all) theory is that Sam is told that in order to go back to 2006 he has to agree to the killing off of all his 1973 colleagues. So he has to make a choice between which life he wants to lead with no strings attached in either world (so to speak).

But I hear they are mooting a 1980s version of same story . . . not sure how and who with though

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #83

What did you think? I liked it.
Here's an article from one of the writers which ties up a few lose ends http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.c...e_answers.html

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #84

Now, John Simm/Sam Tyler is rather attractive in a lost puppy sort of way. Like this

but hair, make up and costume can change an actor rather spectacularly! Would you have fancied this Nick Witchell lookalike as DCI Tyler?

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #85

I thought is was truly superb! And I was gobsmacked that my theory wasn't that far off the mark Ken theorised that maybe it was a kind of double-bluff and that he really WAS from the 70s and jumped of the 00s building to effectively 'end' the fantasy of living in the future. Could be - but after reading the link I think not.

I'm sorry to read that the (very) lovely John Simm won't be back in Ashes to Ashes.

Catsey Veteran

16-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #86

Yola - think you'll like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE89eOERgG0

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
16-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #87

I thought it was superb too, I loved the ending, but will miss this series desperately (how sad am I?!) I think John Simm/Sam looks particulalry attractive and lovely in the first pic DM!

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2007, 10:11 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
I thought it was superb too, I loved the ending, but will miss this series desperately (how sad am I?!) I think John Simm/Sam looks particulalry attractive and lovely in the first pic DM!
*sigh* = the first LoM-free Tuesday - how will we cope!

Here's another pic for you Kim. Maybe a bit too cheesey for me - and he looks very young. Gets a bit creepy when your pin-ups look too much like your son He must be one of the small proportion of men who age well. I think he's approaching 40? Wearing it well!

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #89

DM - you are one bad girl posting pics like that. I hate to admit it, but for the first time in a very, very long time my lil old heart went 'flutter' when I scrolled down

I shall have to snag n save that one . . . .

And the link? Well, I need to go and mop my eyes now, good grief - must be hormonal or something

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
DM - you are one bad girl posting pics like that. I hate to admit it, but for the first time in a very, very long time my lil old heart went 'flutter' when I scrolled down

I shall have to snag n save that one . . . .

And the link? Well, I need to go and mop my eyes now, good grief - must be hormonal or something
Happy to have brightened your day!
The VAT wil go like a dream now