Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #71

Re: Life on Mars

This series is fantastic!! I loved the 'swingers party' episode, so hilarious them going as Tony & Cherie! Tuesday nights 'Camberwick Green' opening was fab! The 70's was definitely 'my' era and this brings back so many memories. I love the way the relationship with Sam & Annie is developing and Sam getting used to living in 1973. Excllent and clever script writing. Although I don't want the series to end I almost can't wait to find out what happens either. I love your conclusion idea DM!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #72

Maya is back in next week's eposode.
Remember Maya - right at the beginning? The kidnap/danger of murder.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #73

What . . . Sam's girlfriend from 2006? Does she turn up in 1973??? Where do you get your information from DM??

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
What . . . Sam's girlfriend from 2006? Does she turn up in 1973??? Where do you get your information from DM??
That's her Yola - I have been wondering if/how she will be saved (remember, she had been kidnapped by the murderer who appeared to be copying a 1973 murder)

If you have a couple of days to spare look at this dedicated forum http://domeofstars.com/forum/index.php ..... and no I am not a member, hadn't seen the site till yesterday. There aren't half some keen people there though!

Only 3 more episodes I heard John Simms on the radio yesterday and he appeared to agree that it was now clear that Sam was in a coma .... but maybe he was just tossing us a red herring - as if we need more.

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #75

On a slightly different note, did you see John Simm in 'The Yellow House' last night? He played V V Gogh superbly!! Truly introspective, seedy and obsessed.

Just had a quick look at your link, and OMG . . . when I do have 6 months to spare I will see if I can get some insight into the minds of those that have nothing better to do that theorise about a fictional television programme . . . bizarre!!!

Catsey Veteran

23-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #76

Well I would have thought you would love browsing that site Yola! I love the series but ..........

Anyway - are the names significant? As we've asked before Gene Hunt, Hyde etc etc? Here's the Maya theories - enjpy! Nothing like a bit of metaphysics

The literal meaning of the word 'Maya' is illusion. Any thing which is added to the reality is illusion or Maya, and this veiling power of illusion is able to create the difference between 'me' or 'mine', or 'thee' or 'thine'. Maya creates the ignorance of the individual self.

Maya is the phenomenal world of separate objects and people, which creates for some the illusion that it is the only reality. For the mystics this manifestation is real, but it is a fleeting reality; it is a mistake, although a natural one, to believe that maya represents a fundamental reality.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
23-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #77

Just noticed your avatar DM - it is fab!!

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #78

Me too!!!! LOL . . . you really must get out more DM . . .

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Me too!!!! LOL . . . you really must get out more DM . . .

I didn't write that Maya bit Yola - lifted it from 'The Railway Arms' They are def a lot madder than we are!

Catsey Veteran

30-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #80

So, anyone have a theory?
Is it Wizard of Oz?
Peggy Sue Got Married?
Jacob's Ladder?
Quantum Leap?
or something new (could there be anything new?)

Is he in a coma? dead? time traveller?

I dunno - dead maybe?

John Simm says he's really pleased with the ending and insists "It will blow your socks off".
Only 2 weeks to wait.