Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #61

Re: Pebbles is having to go to the vets tomorrow

GOOD NEWS!!! Just got off the phone to the vet – the vets at my on call are lovely, and are wiling to talk to me, unlike the locum vet at my practice. He thinks she may always have a weakness in that leg, and to just let her do normal things gradually. Off the x-rays he doesn’t feel it is necessary to do further tests, and maybe in time it will get stronger. So I am OK to let her have outdoor access. And he also felt the knuckling of her paw was down to brusing or swelling, but again, it shouldn’t have happened!! And, he mentioned her chest x-ray, so I explained why, and he said that maybe she had cat flu as a kitten and has been left with a bit of sinusitis cos of it. Can't believe I didn't think of it, as I have had another cat with untreated cat flu, and I also can't believe none of the other vets she has seen have thought of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #62

Glad you got some answers today BT. Hope she continues to improve

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #63

Sounds good. It's amazing how cat flu at an early age can affect them later in life, isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
03-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #64

Finally! Glad you found someone who cares and knows what they're talking about.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #65

Glad you have had some answers today. It has been a long saga!! Let Pebbles enjoy the sunshine now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #66

I'm glad Pebbles' saga is starting to resolve itself. Pleased that answers are starting to be given

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #67

Glad you've got some answers at last!

Almost a Veteran Member

06-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #68

WEll, her leg has been buckling a bit today, so I am going to put her back on MEtacam, and ring both my vet and the vet who did the op (have already checked if he is in this weekend and he isn't) to see what we should do next. Hopefully it is just that I took her off the MEtacam too soon and she wont have to have more tests done. The vet was certainly right when he said that I took on a cat with a lot of baggage - the amount of worry I have had with her this year so far is unbelievable!! And her nose still isn't fully sorted.

Almost a Veteran Member

08-05-2006, 11:48 AM   #69

Have spoken to the vet who did the op, who is confused about it seeming right and then having a setback, and thinks I did the right thing by putting her back on MEtacam. He wants me give her 5 days on it, which is Wed, and if there is no improvement to take her back to my vet - they didnt have any apps left for WEd (it is a half day, so not as many apps), so have made an app for Thurs just in case she isn't any better. He thinks they may want to re x-ray that leg just to check it out, and she might possibly have to be on Metacam for the rest of her life, and there is also a good chance that as that leg has been broken, she will get arthritis in it. I think I will keep that app anyway, just so that it can be felt and see if they think it is feeling normal.

Almost a Veteran Member

09-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #70

she is defo going to the vets regardless of how that leg looks, she is more aggressive than normal, and it is poor Tom who is copping it at the mo (and he suffers from stress related cystitis, luckily I have daily 'preventatitve' meds for him, so he has been on those for the past couple of weeks), and he wont have a go back, the most he does is put a paw out after she has finished. She also let me feel it earlier, and there is a scab where the incision was - is this normal with dissolvable stitches??