Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #61

Re: Teddie update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hmmmm, not sure if she'd eat her moist meat or chicken food with fish oil on it...the only tinned fish she'll eat is ocean whitefish.... I was only going to give it to her once a week if she'd eat it. I take mine any day that I haven't eaten fish....
See how she goes then Eileen, try salmon oil, my cats love the taste of it mixed in with their meat. Infact meals without the salmon oil come a very poor second here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #62

Trouble is, salmon is one of the things she won't eat! Whenever I fix salmon salad there's always some left over from the tin, but not enough to use myself, so always gave it to the cats...Misty especially adored salmon, so did Patches, Last time I fixed salmon salad gave the remains to Onyx, who gobbled it up! Think I may try it once with Leia with the whitefish, but have a feeling she won't like it....Thanks much for all the info!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Trouble is, salmon is one of the things she won't eat! Whenever I fix salmon salad there's always some left over from the tin, but not enough to use myself, so always gave it to the cats...Misty especially adored salmon, so did Patches, Last time I fixed salmon salad gave the remains to Onyx, who gobbled it up! Think I may try it once with Leia with the whitefish, but have a feeling she won't like it....Thanks much for all the info!
Aren't they funny, how they are all so very different and individual? Let us know how it goes Eileen

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #64

I'll do that, Fran! Misty was, well. not a stray, she'd obviously been a house cat, I guess she was either lost or abandoned at 3 months; she ate anything! And everything: she definitely remembered the days when there had been no food to the day she died at 19 1/2! Her theory was: if you see food eat it! Picky wasn't in her vocabulary!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
29-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #65

That is Teddie!!!! I swear she would eat sawdust if you put it in front of her. I don't think she'll ever be the type of cat you could leave food down all day for, she would eat it all in one go and be sick!

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #66

Sultan, my Aby, used to like to leave some of his breakfast to nibble on throughout the day...until Misty came! He was soon cured of that! Won't it be wonderful when Teddie's stomach gets sorted out finally and she can gobble food to her hearts content and not have the runs! That's going to be one of my New Year wishes!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #67

Just popping back to say that when I suggested a whole sardine (or sprat or whitebait) I meant a whole raw one, head on, insides in (maybe) from the fishmonger, to give Teddie some of the things she's missing, such as calcium from the bones, extra vitamins from the liver etc.
But I don't think it's time for that now.
Alex, as some of us oldies have mentioned before now, cats used to get so little to eat, and such little variety, it's amazing the species survived. For instance, lots of cats were only ever given bread and milk in the home - anything else they ate was hunted from outside. Or there was just Kit-E-Kat, which was a stnky fishy concoction, a bit like Chappie is now. Or potato and gravy. Teddie is really doing quite well on her white fish - compared to then she is living like a queen and it won't take very much in the way of occasional extras to make it a pretty much complete diet.

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 01:13 PM   #68

Thanks for that DM. I never thought of that aspect of it. She had her fish this morning along with some granules, and is quite happily snoozing now, lol. I will try the sardine later on down the line, but will go up to Holland and Barrett next week and get some of the salmon oil capsules. Thanks all for the advice (again), x.

Cats owned: 2 Domestic Shorthairs
30-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #69

Hi

I have spent all morning reading about Teddie. I have my fingers crossed that she progresses well. I have just posted a thread as my poor Molly has the runs so I know how you must feel.

I will keep watching for an update on Teddie.

Good luck and Happy New Year

Carol

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #70

Just to let you all know, she had more fish again this evening and has just gone to the toilet and it was SO much better. Not as normal as it was, but most definately a poo! Hurrah!!!! Hopefully it will get back to normal over the next few days and I can stop worrying again, lol!