Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #41

Re: Chester

Oh DM, I so hope he shows up soon; know how terribly you're hurting now. Keeping up the prayers ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #42

I really do hope that he turns up soon. Keep positive x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #43

It is the not knowing that is so hard. But, to echo some of the above, one of my boys went AWOL for 5 days and came home without a scratch. I hope that is what the outcome for you is.

Big hugs

CMx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #44

I have a good feeling about this don' know why but I do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #45

Keep positive DM, I know Chester's an old softie but I bet he has inner strength. My pal Denises' cat went AWOL for 6 weeks! then turned up again... Kevin, his name is. We thought he was a goner and lo and behold, so there is always hope.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
06-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #46

I agree that one should never lose hope. I can't imagine the pain and worry you must be going through. I'm upset and worried for you and I can't get Chester out of my mind.

Sending you massive hugs and praying Chester comes home asap ((((((hugs))))))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #47

No news.

I too have had a cat reappear after several days, so I know that he just could walk in one day. He is easily spooked, so I suppose if he had been mega-spooked he could just have cowered under a bush for 3 days, but it feels like a long shot, especially after the awful weather.

We're doing all the 'long-shot/covering all bases' investigative and advertising stuff today, just to be totally sure we've done everything, then there's just time.

Please don't upset youselves for me. It's Ok - or rather, it's an unavoidable fact of being the owner of a cat allowed outside. The other side of the coin which allows you the privilege of sharing your life and home with one of these glorious, loving but independent, creatures is that, one day, they may just go out and never come back. If that is what has happened, it is the first time it's happened to me in 40 years of cat-owning. It's horrible, but it's part of the contract you metaphorically sign in taking on a cat.
(I haven't suddenly gone all philosophical; I was talking this through with my daughter yesterday, when she said it made her feel like never letting her cats out ever again - we agreed on the above)

Fingers still crossed but pragmatism bone finely tuned.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #48

I do so admire your stoicism and philosophy, DM; hope so much it's not needed and that Chester will show up.... I went thru this with my childhood cat who went out one day and never came home; also with little Onyx. It's the not knowing that hurts so much... prayers still coming. (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #49

Sorry to hear this, I hope he is home soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I think its something you have to live with when you choose to let them out. However worried you get its a choice you make and in my opinion I prefer a cat of mine to be inside outside...the problem is when you get a roamer like Chester and Oscar.
Cleo and Bentley types are ideal....garden bods....for the majority of the time.
I agree its a fact you have to live with, if you choose to let your cat out which I did and always would. Even lwith Archie being killed in a RTA it did not deter or change my mind. But horses for courses.