Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #41

Re: My cats are all really ill

GOSH!! Horror, to praying to , thank god for that!! So pleased they are ok Kelly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
i believe it was a bit of a christmas miracle...maybe you had some angels watching out for you all..
What a lovely thought, Tink! Cat angels, maybe .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #43

Goodness, just seen this, what a relief that they're all OK. What a good thing John got home when he did!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-12-2007, 01:40 AM   #44

Gosh Smudgley what a terrible experience I am so glad that everyone is ok! I do hope that you get your boiler sorted out quickly and that everyone continues to remain well x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #45

OMG I just caught this, thank goodness the cats are OK and so are you all. As has already been said a few time, it looks like it was a blessing in disguise that it didn't progress any further and end in tragedy for the whole family.

LOTS of *hugs* to the poor kitties and to you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #46

I havent been on this weekend.

Kel I'm so sorry you have had this experiance but as Tink said someone or something must have been watching over you to get John home in time.
I hope all your babies are better today. Please give them a wee cuddle from me. (((((((())))))))) Hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #47

Sorry i have just seen this too and its had me in tears. I am so glad they are all better. Sending you all hugs

jane

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #48

omg thank goodness for a great outcome - good to hear all the animals are doing well - that must have been terrifying to go through.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
03-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #49

ok, now my head is straight - here's the facts.

When John got back Emily was lying on the floor with her head on the side salivating & screaming, he looked around for Blue who was lying with her back legs on a chair & her body dangling off it, he thought she was dead, then he picked up Blues head & realised she was alive. He could smell something from the boiler, so he turned off the boiler & opened the windows. My girls were upset, but sensible & Lucy took Emily out onto the drive so that Emily could get some fresh air, she was wobbly but with it! The wind was rattling, which meant that she was getting lots of fresh air pretty quick. He put Blue on the windowsill in the lounge & opened the window, but she was unable to balance & my other daughter had to stop her falling off. She was soaked with saliva. He called me, then called the vets, who got oxygen ready for their arrival. The dog was fine. Titch seemed ok, just a bit quieter than usual. Emily & Blue came round fairly quick & by the time they got to the vets, they were much better. the vet gave them a full examination & contacted a poison lab for advise. He sent them home & said to come back if they took ill again & to get the boiler sorted. He said he didn't think it would be C/M as it gets into the blood stream & they would not recover so quickly.
The cats were fine overnight & Blue & Smudge slept with John, whilst Emily & Titch slept with Lu. The dog slept with Ashleigh.

This morning all is well.

A man has been out to the boiler & said the (something) pipe has gone & needs replacing. He is trying to get the part, he said if he can't get the part, he will have to condemn the boiler. He also said that it WAS C/M leaking & that it mixes with the air & circulates in the room. He said the animals were very lucky & John reckons if he'd have been another half hour Blue would have died.

The man also said, he could not stress enough the importance of annually checking your boiler. Oh & he looked at the C/M tester John bought, which is faulty as we suspected & needs to go back.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #50

Thank goodness everyone is well today Smudgley ....... it just goes to show how easy something like that can happen. I dread th think what would have happened if it had been in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep

I hope your boiler is sorted out soon ........... and that should be a warning to us all to get our boilers and gas fires serviced regularly..