Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #41

Re: Alex - how's Teddie?

Poor you and poor Teddy. So sorry to read her tummy is upset again. Have to agree with the others, you know her best and know exactly how she has responded to the foods you have tried. Stick to what helps, it might not be forever but it certainly seems its gonna take a long time for her tummy to adjust and settle.
I would probably feel the same way about your vet as you do. I have said it many times before, Vets and Doctors have a difficult job but there are some who seem to bluff their way through, not listening to the owner and patient alike because they are the "professional". We put so much trust in these people that the least they can do is listen.
I wish you and Teddy well once again, it must be very stressful for you both not to mention frustrating.
All my love and best wishes xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #42

Thanks for the advice everyone. It is extremely frustrating Elaine, and I've taken the vets advice every step of the way so far, and still having problems. So from now on it's my way!! She is back on the fish and will be for at least a month, then will be introduced to a wet diet, a good quality one, for at least another month, and then perhaps, slowly introduce some dry to her. It will be a pain in the neck constantly cooking fish, not to mention the reek of it through the house, but if it's what I have to do to make my baby well, then so be it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
08-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #43

Awww Alex, I'm so sorry to hear that she's got poorly again. She's very lucky to have you to look after her though and cook her fish dinners!! lol

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for her.

Charlie

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
08-12-2006, 04:28 PM   #44

((((((hugs)))))) I think you both need one x

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #45

thanks guys. She's not as poorly as she was before, it's more that she has started to have loose stools again, and the only thing keeping it from becoming the runs is the canikur granules. She's still lively enough at the moment. One thing I have noticed is that whenever she has the runs her eyes become really weepy and I have to keep cleaning them! Strange. She is enjoying being back on the fish, so we'll see how it goes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #46

Alex, can you not just cook a big batch of fish and then freeze it in portion size (in bags??) and then just either pop it in the fridge for the morning or defrost in a microwave??

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #47

Funnily enough Emma, that's exactly what I did tonight, lol. I wasn't sure about doing this but after speaking to a friend, she assured me it was perfectly safe. So I cooked enough fish to do her until monday morning and have stuck it in the freezer. Voila, no more squalling Teddie in the morning waiting for her fish to cook, poor baby, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #48

Cant see that it would cause any problems Alex It will certainly make it easier for you

Good luck, and give the little girl a kiss from me

Catsey Veteran

08-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #49

Duly kissed, with a hug thrown in for good measure!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #50

And a cuddle from me too, please, Alex! And a hug for you; this has been so trying for you both....