Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
26-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #31

Re: Poor little thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
We are collecting the cat tomorrow, now named 'Pudding' by my neice ( quite like the name and encourages her even more!) We have it booked in at 6 tomorrow at our vets so they know what we are dealing with. Apprehensive about its condition but determined to do the best for at, as has been done already.
This is fantastic news! So glad that little Pudding has a loving home to go too, i cant wait to read all about them as s/he joins your family will be keeping fingers firmly crossed that the news from your own vet is good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
26-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #32

A quick update on Pudding.
She is a girl and we still have no idea about age- by her teeth the vet thinks about 5, but she may have just been a good hunter and older. She weighs 1.7 kgs.

Her blood sample shows she has high liver enzymes which could be caused by starvation, hyperthyroid or primary liver disease- bad news if the latter, but the vet thinks this is less likely.

He could feel a goitre so a thyroid test has been sent off, but he may have felt it due to the fact she is so thin.

While being blood tested she peed, so we took a dipstick test- to rule out diabetes, which was clear, but she does have a urine infection.

She must have small meals often, be given a 3 day course of panacur wormer and has been given antibiotic injections.
The vet says we have a fight on our hand but is hopeful she will pull through. We are back in a month, unless any other concerns ( and dependant on her thyroid test) for another weight check, recheck bloods and we will also do a FIV/Felv test, because by that time any infection will show up in the test.

So very hopeful news but we must just take one day at a time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #33

Poor little Pudding - what a shocking weight - little and often is best obviously for her. I do so hope that she manages to pull through farthing - I know it won't be for want of your trying to make her better. Healing vibes being sent from here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #34

Poor little thing! I hope she'll flourish under your care and get some weight on; hope the thyroid tests come back OK and it's just the starvation that makes the thyroid palpable. Healing vibes for Pudding coming across the Pond also ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #35

Pudding is a lucky girl to have found such a caring home. I do hope she blossoms under your care.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
27-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #36

Pudding certainly has landed on her four feet finding you and what lovely people you are. Wishing you all well. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #37

Another Pudding update.

She is Felv/FIV negative.

She has also put on over half a kilo and now weighs 2.33 kgs, she was 1.79kg when we got her. She was blood tested yesterday to have her thyroid levels checked, I don't expect them to be normal yet, but hopefully they will have dropped. I have managed to remove nearly all the mats on her sides, but not her tummy....yet, still working on that and it is getting harder because she is getting more feisty.
She had to wear the hannibal lecter cat muzzle to be blood sampled because she was putting up such a fight, and obviously we don't want to sedate her.

So this evening when we are both home she will meet the rest of the gang for the first time.

I just realised I didn't tell you all that she is hyperthyroid, so probably over 10, so an old lady.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #38

That's great news Farthing xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #39

Thanks for the update farthing, i'm so pleased Pudding is doing well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #40

Thanks for the update, good news about the weight gain!