Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #31

Re: Chester

My poor sweet daft soft boy.
I acknowledge that he may be OK somewhere, and may walk in on me today, or tomorrow, or next week, I think the chances are vanishingly small.
Over 48 hours now; we had torrential cold rain and hail on night one and 4" of snow last night. Should he have been injured and hiding outside, I don't think even a fit 3 year old can survive that.
So, I fear the worst. I hope it may have been the best of the worst and that he met his end swiftly and without fear under a car. I will not think of other scenario.
He is microchipped, so if he should turn up somewhere sometime, he can be returned.
But I fear he is gone.
No more morning prip? mrip?, frantic washing of the inside of my wrists, kneading furiously, left arm in front of right, rolling luxuriously on his back, kicking all four legs inelegantly in all directions....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #32

Stay positive for a while yet DM, there is always hope. I was thinking of you earlier when I heard the forecast down your way and was praying that Chester had come home or was safely out of the elements.

Your love for Chester pours out from your post and I really feel for you having experienced a lost loved cat years ago myself. The ache inside is raw..

Still praying that he will come home to you..

Take care *hugs* x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
05-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #33

Oh DM I so so so hope that you are wrong and he walks in through the door purring and meowing away for food as if there is nothing wrong, you don`t think he could have been taken in by anybody do you that may not have seen any of your posters.
I have just said another prayer for his return to you, its the not knowing of where he is or what has happened that I would find hard to bare, are feelings and thoughts are with you Xxx.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
05-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #34

DM, i really hope he will show up soon and all your worst fears are unfounded. I know the weather has been awful lately but it is Spring and nows the time all the baby animals are about. Our old cat, Sophie, takes a yearly pilgramage this time of year; she disappears for 3 - 5 days and comes back with a baby rabbit or two. I'm not sure if you're in the right area, but maybe he went off hunting?

Or he could maybe be trapped in a shed or something? Again, our wee one Chaska had disappeared for 6 days and showed up very skinny and dehydrated but safe and fine. There is still a good chance he's ok but just delayed in coming home!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #35

H - I hope with all my heart that you are wrong. Big, big hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #36

Don't lose hope DM - he may still come home. I really wish there was more I could do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #37

Hoping and praying he comes home.....Thoughts with you DM....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
05-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #38

Hope he's home soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #39

Thank you all for your support.
It's a horrible slushy post-snow day here but I went around the houses after my optician appointment. Shaking a pot of biscuits and calling - to add just a touch of humour to an unfunny situation, you'd be amazed at just how many of the local cats are called Chester and are delighted with the prospect of a mad woman calling them and offering biscuit! Little chancers!

I'd feel a lot more confident if Chester was a bold boy, but he is the original scaredy cat - doesn't even like strangers in the house, so there's no way I can imagine him going with somebody voluntarily, or calling out should he be hurt or trapped.
Ho hum. The cat flap is set permanently on 'allow entry/prevent exit'. You never know, do you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #40

I hope he turns up soon.. Misty scared me a while back and disappeared for three days.. .ended up walking in and waking me up by jumping on me in bed in the middle of the night.. as if nothing had happened....

Keep positive..