Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
27-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #31

Re: Porsha's test results..

last bit that might help you.
SAlly

Agrimony ( Agrimonia cupatoria): This is a good remedy for the digestive system; It can help with colitis and diarrhoea and aids digestion. It is a bitter tonic and will improve appetite.

It can be found in Denes Probiotic powder in the shop
Echinacea A stimulant of the immune system, helps prevent and treat chronic skin and other infections
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) This is useful in the treatment of indigestion, farting, colic and nausea because of its carminative and antispasmodic affects. It also stimulates the appetite.
Found in Denes Gastric tablets and Phytoplex Spillery Elm
http://www.naturalpetcare.co.uk/pets...roducts_id=559
http://www.naturalpetcare.co.uk/pets...roducts_id=366
http://www.naturalpetcare.co.uk/pets...roducts_id=365

hope this helps I was looking to see if there was anything that could help Tilly, and thought as Porsha also has a sensitive tummy I would post them for you as well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #32

Fran, I know you said the report showed she was allergic to all meats, but I was wondering if that included lamb? One of my vets once recommended lamb and rice for a cat with a delicate stomach/colon...... just trying to think of something helpful ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #33

Thank you Sally, lots of information and links there for me to read over x

Unfortunately Eileen, she did test positive for lamb

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
27-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #34

Oh dear poor Porsha. I have a dog with a very bad tum too, she's constantly having a runny tum and her diet is very strict. Every now and then though, she'll come across something that will upset her and we just have to add it to the list of 'bad' things. It does get easier but is a lot of hard work and patience at the begining. Once you have her on something that agrees with her it gets easier from then, but it can take some time to find that something!

I don't really know what to suggest, if she was a dog I could bombard you with links, plus dogs can get along better on a vegetarian diet, cats will need all sorts of suppliments if that is the road you need to take.

Will try and get my thinking cap on when you post the full list, it will just be trial and error for a while until you find something. All the best to you and Porsha. x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
28-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #35

maybe you could try her with some Yakult to top up her good bacteria levels.... is it safe for cats???? hope you can find something she can eat fran.... hugs for Porsha xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
30-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #36

I'm just catching up on Catsey Fran and am so sorry to read this thread. What a blow. On the plus side though, at least you will have a full list of do's and don'ts rather than having to guess what was wrong with her before.

Once you have the list I'm sure we will all do our best to come up with some solutions.

Keep your chin up and lots of gentle hugs to Porsha.
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #37

Thanks all, well at the moment I plan to change nothing. She is tolerating Royal Canin Sensible 33 at the minute and I have to say things have been vastly improved since her bowel biopsy/spey. If the diarrhoea returns with a vengence then I will try and work her an alternative diet out. I still haven't got the full results back yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #38

Good grief!!! Obviously just catching up on this Fran. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't much clearer with Porsha after the biopsy. At least she seems to be settled with the food she is on just now so hopefully that will continue. Loads of ((hugs)) to you both!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #39

How is she now Fran, a week on from your last bulletin?
Also, have you the definitive list of allergies yet?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #40

Sorry don't have time to read though the thread right now so sorry if I'm repeating anything but have you thought of trying her on unusual meats like.

Ostrich
Alligator
Duck
Pigeon

I now it will be expensive but I'm sure there's a company that will deliver this meat fresh.

Not sure if this is a ridiculous idea or even if these meats are suitable for Cats but might be worth a bit of research