Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
08-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #31

Re: Chronic Diarrohea

I think only you can know her best. That she's lively and is interested in what is going on around her is a great sign and there *has* to be a cause for it. Whether it's food allergies or IBD, there will be a solution, it just takes time
Having said that, if you decide she is suffering too much and want to ease her from this life, you will have support here. What you do for her, you do out of love and how can anyone question that?

*hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #32

I'd agree with Fran about the gut biopsy - it was no use at all with my daughter's cat

Have you done the very simple 'first principle' things for a cat with a runny tummy? 24 hours water only, then 1/2/3/more days on steamed fish or poached, skinless chicken. Give the gut as total a rest as you can. Try to keep that up until you get some solidity in the poops, then reintroduce 'normal' food very very gradually.

Oh dear, I do feel sorry for you - you're in a bad situation and people keep throwing helpful suggestions at you - but which do you go for, and how long do you try this before trying that etc etc? But we can give you a little consolation .... all 3 cases known to me have turned the situation round. Let's hope yours will too.

Cats owned: Half bengal
Marble is Male
11-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #33

We have solid poo! I never thought I'd be so happy to say that! Thank you so much Tilly for the advice and D/D tins to try, you really must let me send you some money to cover the costs and postage - PM me. Shame we now have 4 cases of RC Chicken and Rice. We literally tried her on Tilly's Venison D/D 2 days ago and yesterday we were seeing positive results. It looks like maybe she has developed an allergy toward the other meats, or maybe something in the other food disagreed with her, either way its Catsey 1 - Vet 0! I know its early days yet but this is definately a great start!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble
We have solid poo! I never thought I'd be so happy to say that! Thank you so much Tilly for the advice and D/D tins to try, you really must let me send you some money to cover the costs and postage - PM me. Shame we now have 4 cases of RC Chicken and Rice. We literally tried her on Tilly's Venison D/D 2 days ago and yesterday we were seeing positive results. It looks like maybe she has developed an allergy toward the other meats, or maybe something in the other food disagreed with her, either way its Catsey 1 - Vet 0! I know its early days yet but this is definately a great start!
That's excellent news!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #35

So pleased to hear this news