Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #21

Re: Gloomy Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I got one back and replied but there again maybe I did not will check.
Public apology ... thought I had .... hadn't ..... have now!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Don't think I'd win the kindle battle- he LOVES secondhand bookshops and days out and holidays are planned round them. We were on holiday in Kent last year and he was very shifty about 'just popping back to Broadstairs for half an hour'. He emerged from a bookshop with a LARGE cardboard box containing a run of an academic journal- Proceedings of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society I think......
We have a deal, so many bookshop visits=an afternoon on a garden visit
I'd love a Kindle- I travel a lot for work and packing books can add weight but no way can I be anywhere without a book! What if the train was delayed!?! I wonder about one for my Mum who has problems holding heavy books these days.
Bet she'd love it, and you too. It's small enough to fit in my jeans pocket; easy to use and you quickly adjust to the fact that it's actually not a physical book.

I've mentioned I'm planning to move to a retirement complex later this year, from an 8 room house: every room of which except the living room and bathrooms have a bookcase. There are 46+ years worth of books here plus many that I brought from my childhood home; so you can see I'm a book person. Am gradually packing them up for donation....... sad

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Bet she'd love it, and you too. It's small enough to fit in my jeans pocket; easy to use and you quickly adjust to the fact that it's actually not a physical book.

I've mentioned I'm planning to move to a retirement complex later this year, from an 8 room house: every room of which except the living room and bathrooms have a bookcase. There are 46+ years worth of books here plus many that I brought from my childhood home; so you can see I'm a book person. Am gradually packing them up for donation....... sad
Sad but hopefully on to other people to love. Where will they go?