Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #21

Re: I need to keep my big mouth shut.

More pics of Pino

and a vid of her in the peanuts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfv1waQdo7A

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #22

Bless! Free out of the cage at last!!

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2010, 03:15 AM   #23

This is who she is named after in case anyone is wondering...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jQU...eature=related

she played for four hours STRAIGHT today before she was out cold and we got those crazy nails fixed up right

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #24

WOW! such a playful baby and who can blame her after being all cooped up Sure Pino will give you loads of love and happiness, Tink.

Catsey Veteran

14-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #25

Thanks! I already love her so much

Catsey Veteran

18-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #26

Pino is getting an ultra sound this afternoon to make sure she is in fact spayed. Her previous owner all of a sudden stopped all correspondence with me once I asked for info so I could pull her previous vet records. Not surprised really. Fingers crossed this little girl is fixed!

Catsey Veteran

19-06-2010, 02:31 AM   #27

Hi there, we are all home now (Lainey had to get a rabies vaccine too and one of our dogs needed exam and vax too). Anyway....
I guess there was a miscommunication between me and the tech that set up the ultra sound. I was under the impression it was ultra sound, she was under the impression we were just shaving Pino's belly and looking for a spay scar. So we did the latter and the tech was not sure so we waited for my super smart vet to check as well as palpate becuase Pino needed an exam anyway to make sure she is otherwise a healthy little girl.
Well we made some interesting findings. I tell you I do not know what is the truth now about this little girl. We found a tatt on her ear. Doesn't seem like a BYB's style to tattoo, I'm really confused now. That doesn't seem to match up. We could not see a spay scar but also unable to palpate the uterus so it is one of two things
1) she was born in more of a mill type environment than it sounded and was in fact altered early at such a young age we are not able to see the scar
2) she is in fact not fixed
So I asked how about an ultra sound and my vet is super nice and always trying to save me money because she sees all our animals and she told me we COULD schedule one but that's several hundred dollars. If it was her in this situation what she would end up doing is one of two things..being..
1) schedule her for a spay (works out cheaper and if they see nothing well they close her right back up)
2) watch her vulva carefully and see if she shows any kind of indication of going into heat (vulva swelling)
I chose option 2 because I'd really hate to open Pino up for no "for sure" reason. But we are going to be very, very careful. I mean any slight thing indicating she's going into heat and she is getting spayed, my vet says at her age it would not be a matter of getting her a jill jab, might as well just fix her if/when it happens.
Everything else checked out great. She is a healthy two pounds. I got her microchipped so she is mine forever and ever, lol.
So that's that, gonna go the wait and see route as me and the vet are both the type that don't want to do anything invasive if not necessary...
So honestly I don't know WHAT is the truth about Pino now except I love her very much and she's found her forever home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #28

She does look like a poppet Tink. Glad you've sorted out her claws/nails. Hope you don't have to get her spayed later and that it does turn out that she's been "done".

What a lucky girlie she is to have found you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #29

I agree, she's a lucky little girl! I do hope she's been spayed; lets cross fingers that no signs appear. How often do ferrets come in heat?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #30

On an alcoholic note, Pinot Grigio is currently my favourite wine! So I approved totally of her name!